Table of Contents
- Turn Dull Images Into Eye-Catching Real Estate Photos
- Is Real Estate Photo Editing Worth the Additional Cost?
- How Much Does Real Estate Photo Editing Cost?
- What Can a Professional Photo Editor Help With?
- Dedicated vs Distributed Editing
- Dedicated Editing FAQ
Are you tired of spending hours and hours in post-processing and looking to try professional real estate photo editing? We’re glad your search took you here!
Why is high-quality real estate photography crucial?
It’s your job as a real estate photographer to provide agents with top-notch images to help them sell homes! This will not only boost your industry reputation but also increase the number of returning clients.
If you’re still not convinced, this post will discuss how professional real estate photo editing can help you produce top-notch images and get clients to come back for more, as well as how to get started for free.
Turn Dull Images Into Eye-Catching Real Estate Photos
Investing in professional real estate photo editing makes perfect sense – it can turn a so-so listing into something truly eye-catching.
Not only do professional photos help draw attention and potential buyers but they also showcase the property in its best light while minimizing any blemishes it may have.
Clever techniques like straightening lines or playing with contrast/brightness levels can even create an illusion of more space.
Additionally, removing clutter and personal items with the help of virtual staging can help a home feel more neutral.
Cluttered homes with too many personal belongings can feel off-putting to buyers. But by neutralizing the space, it can appeal to a wider audience.
The good news is that real estate photographers don’t even have to worry about the weather or the time of day of their photoshoot. A professional editor can replace a dull overcast sky with a sunny and bright one in minutes.
And these are just a few examples… There are no limitations to what real estate photo editing can do!
Is Real Estate Photo Editing Worth the Additional Cost?
Outsourcing your editing to a professional real estate photo editing service will involve an additional cost – true!
Therefore, some agents or sellers may not feel it’s worth it if they only have a few listings or the property is in a lower price range.
However, as a professional real estate photographer you know it’s vital to provide your clients with high-quality, stunning photography to help them sell homes and keep them coming to you for more business.
And editing your own photos takes time and time is money!
Investing in professional editing can be more cost-effective in the long run, as it will free up more time that you can use to shoot more properties and grow your photography business.
It also allows you to spend more time with family and friends and do the things you love, which will improve your work-life balance, making it easier for you to thrive in all areas of your life.
How Much Does Real Estate Photo Editing Cost?
PhotoUp’s real estate photo editing service starts at an average cost of $1.15 per image.
Our pricing is built on a credit system, where the more credits you buy the cheaper each edit becomes. Plus, we also offer discounts for large bulk orders.
Best of all, you can sign up for a PhotoUp account today and get 10 edits for free to try our services out!
You can even get a dedicated editor who is 100% dedicated to the quality of your photos and business and learns your editing style. This improves image consistency and turnaround times.
A dedicated photo editor can also perform media and admin tasks such as creating:
- Virtual house tours
- Real estate walk through videos
- Single property websites
- Property flyers
- And more!
Is a dedicated editor worth it? The short answer is Yes!
Let’s take this example – the average dedicated editor outputs 1,800+ edits per month, for a final cost per edit of just $0.72. We have even seen $0.50 per edit. That’s nothing if you think about how much time you’ll save and the boost in image quality!
You can also use this extra time to focus on other high-impact tasks that can help to grow your business!
What Can a Professional Photo Editor Help With?
A professional real estate photo editor can help you make all kinds of image enhancements to make your photos stand out from the crowd such as:
- Improper exposure levels
- Harsh shadows, lack of light, etc.
- Blurred images that were taken without a tripod
- Images that need cropping or other effects
- Lawn greening and sky replacements
- Twilight editing or day-to-dusk transformations
- Clutter and object removal
- Line and angle corrections
- And much more!
Additionally, a professional real estate photo editing service can help you with more advanced editing services like:
Like that wasn’t enough… PhotoUp is a complete one-stop-shop for real estate marketing and can also help you with:
- Real estate photographer websites
- Single property websites
- Property flyers
- And custom house portraits
As you can see, there’s enormous value in working with a professional editing service.
Why not expand your product offerings with these services and become invaluable to your clients?
Simply use PhotoUp as your go-to partner for all your real estate marketing needs!
Dedicated vs Distributed Editing
You may wonder what’s the difference between dedicated editing and distributed editing, which we haven’t covered yet. We’re glad you asked!
Here are the main differences between dedicated vs distributed editing:
- Dedicated Editing – You will work directly with 1 or more editors that are 100% dedicated to your account, 8 hours/day, 5 days/week. This is a good solution for photographers shooting medium-to-high volume who want to improve the quality and consistency of their edits.
- Distributed Editing – This is for on-demand real estate photo editing for low-to-medium volume photographers shooting 2+ homes per week and is a good solution for balancing quality, speed, and cost.
Now that you know the difference between dedicated and distributed editing, let’s take a look at some frequently asked questions related to dedicated editing.
Dedicated Editing FAQ
How much does a Dedicated Editor cost?
Dedicated Editors start at $1,295/month (about $7.62/hour and $0.72 per edit). This includes the editor’s compensation, monthly bonus (based on performance), workstation, editing software, and health care.
How many images can a Dedicated Editor edit?
- Around 90 credits/shift
- Average 1,900 credits per month (at $1295/month, that’s under $0.70/credit)
- About 3 batches per shift, depending on the size of the batch and the shooting/editing style
How do I find a Dedicated Editor?
- Email the sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org to say that you’re interested in testing out a Dedicated Editor!
- Upload a Dedicated Editor Trial where you can send one set of images to 3 different Dedicated Editor applicants. You can check out the trial demo here:
After reviewing the images, you can set up an interview with the best editor(s) and then move into a one month trial.
And that’s it!
Sign up for a PhotoUp account today, and get your first 10 edits for free!
Let PhotoUp help you enhance your real estate photos to perfection while you can focus on growing your business.
We hope this blog post helped you realize the value of outsourcing your editing to a professional real estate photo editing service and showed you how you can get started for free.
Before you go, you may also want to check out the following related resources: