Table of Contents
- Using Virtual Staging for Interior Design to Entice Buyers
- The Benefits of Multi-Virtual Staging Rooms
- Which Rooms Are Important to Virtually Stage?
- FAQs – Summary
- Work With PhotoUp for Outstanding Virtual Staging
Virtual staging integrates many of the benefits of interior design, making it a highly popular marketing tool in real estate sales.
Virtual staging allows for easy and affordable interior design work to showcase any listing with compelling photos in various design styles.
Buyers are now used to seeing virtual staging on listing photos and appreciate how it helps them see the best uses and styles for given rooms and spaces.
So, in this post, we will look at the benefits of multi-virtual staging of rooms to cater to any market.
But, let’s start by talking about using virtual staging for interior design to entice buyers.
Using Virtual Staging for Interior Design to Entice Buyers
Virtual staging is an advanced photo editing technique that allows an editor to add furnishings, remove objects, make repairs, and update and replace existing decor.
Visualizing a given property or room’s best decor and style options can be challenging. After all, most buyers aren’t trained as interior designers.
But with virtual staging, you can make your buyers feel like they are working with a skilled interior design professional:
- Find the style that best suits a property
- Select furnishings and decor items that call out and highlight a home’s best features
- Experiment with different colors, items, and decor
While many buyers might not be familiar with interior design — they know it when they see it — and virtual staging makes it easy for agents to show them.
Many real estate sales professionals turn to virtual staging for interior design tasks, including the following:
- Quickly declutter a room
- Unify the design style of an entire listing
- Make badly needed renovations and updates to existing furniture and decor items
- Furnish empty rooms, giving them a stylish makeover
Virtual staging is also perfect for helping sell luxury and high-end real estate.
Now, you may wonder if the above is necessary or even worth the effort. The answer is yes:
- Virtual staging is cost-efficient, costing 97% less than traditional home staging
- 85% of staged properties receive offers at the asking price or above
- Staged listings sell 75% faster than those that are not
All right, now that we understand the uses of virtual staging for interior design let’s talk about the benefits of virtually staging rooms in more than one design theme or style.
The Benefits of Multi-Virtually Staging Rooms
Virtual staging allows you to showcase multiple interior design options to cater to any market and any buyer’s tastes.
Most virtual staging providers feature multiple design themes you can choose from. For example, here are the interior design options from PhotoUp, a leading provider of virtual staging:
- Mid-Century Modern
- And Commercial
Next, let’s take a closer look at some of the benefits of multi-virtual staging of rooms.
1. Appeal to a Wider Range of Buyers
The more design styles you show a room in, the wider the range of buyers you’ll appeal to.
Not every buyer likes every design theme or style. Using just one style in your virtual staging may make some buyers less interested in seeing the listing in person or following up with questions.
For example, consider these possible scenarios:
- You have a buyer who loves Coastal style, but you’ve virtually staged the home using Industrial style
- A potential buyer who has Scandinavian-style furniture and decor looks at your listing virtually staged in Farmhouse and can’t see themselves living in the home
- Buyers pass over your listing on Zillow because they don’t like the Mid-Century Modern furnishings you used in your virtual staging
If you use only one design style in your virtual staging, you’ll risk alienating potential buyers who would have otherwise loved the listing.
Therefore, various styles are a better way to go when virtually staging.
2. Prompt a Hesitant Buyer Into Making an Offer
Do you have interested buyers but they’re hesitating to make an offer? Motivate them by helping them recognize the full value and potential of the home.
Use virtual staging for interior design to show them quickly:
- The kitchen, dining, and living room in 3 different, attractive design themes
- How beautiful and spa-like the bathrooms can look
- Just how amazing the yard would look with a pool and patio area
Virtual staging can make any home look stunning — helping you to convince serious buyers to pull the trigger.
3. Unify the Decor or Correct Design Mistakes
Most experienced agents have encountered the following challenge at least once in their careers. You are trying to sell a home, but the sellers don’t have the best design sense or taste.
Once again, virtual staging allows you to be an interior designer easily. For example, think about the following:
- The living room is decorated in an Industrial style with urban furnishings to match
- But the bedrooms are all decorated to look, Victorian
- The lack of decor unity can deter or put off potential buyers
Further, the issue may go beyond mismatched decor themes. Consider the following situations:
- Oversized furniture in modest-sized rooms, making them feel even smaller
- Less than-ideal furniture placement ruining the flow of a space
- Clashing colors — like a purple sofa on an orange carpet (yikes!)
After all, not every homeowner has exquisite taste and knows how to make a home look large, inviting, and beautiful. So, in these circumstances, virtual staging can come to the rescue.
Virtual staging lets you unify the decor in every room and throughout the house.
Which Rooms Are Important to Virtually Stage?
The ideal answer to the above question is all the rooms in the home. Using virtual staging for interior design on an entire listing is impressive and captivating, and clients will appreciate your extra effort.
However, virtually staging every room isn’t always practical, so which rooms are, therefore, the most important to virtually stage?
We’re glad you asked – here are the key rooms that should be virtually staged.
1. The Living Room or Great Room
This room can go by a few names — the living, great, or family room. And this room needs to look inviting, relaxing, and stylish, so it’s an important space to virtually stage.
Keep in mind the following tips when staging a living room:
- Don’t place more furniture than you need. No one likes an overcrowded room
- Aim for a unified design theme from room to room
- Avoid placing all the furniture right up against the walls; it will make the room look odd
- Artwork is essential for a finished look – don’t neglect paintings and wall decor items
If you start with the living room, use your selected design styles to guide you through the rest of the rooms you are staging.
2. An Inviting Dining Room
Many buyers envision entertaining family and friends when they look through a potential new home. Therefore, the dining room is an important room to virtually stage to make it look inviting and ideal for meals together.
Here are some tips for virtually staging the dining area:
- Consider matching the decor style with that of the living room for a more sophisticated appeal
- If the virtual staging provider has it as an option, place flowers or a centerpiece on the dining table
- If the dining room has wood flooring, think about adding an area rug under the table to better accent the space
Remember, whatever style and decor you choose, make sure it looks inviting.
3. Tranquil Bedrooms
In the mind of many buyers, the primary or master bedroom is their sanctuary. It should look relaxing, uncluttered, and comfortable.
Here are a few tips on how to best virtually stage this room:
- Too much furniture in a bedroom makes it look busy instead of calming
- Aim for design styles that are simple and in muted or soothing colors
- Obviously, the bed is the centerpiece of this room; select one that looks stylish and inviting
And don’t forget to virtually stage the home’s other bedrooms, following similar guidelines as above.
4. The Exterior of the Home
This next room on our list isn’t a room. The front and back yards are essential in real estate marketing because they provide the first impression of the home.
When virtually staging these spaces, follow these steps:
- A buyer’s first impression of a home starts with the front yard — make it look its best – green the lawn, replace a dull sky, and enhance the landscaping
- The backyard is an oasis of escape for many homeowners. You want it to look lush and comfortable
- Patio furniture, umbrellas, lawn seating, and wood decks – are all essential features for an appealing yard
- If the space allows, adding an in-ground pool can be a powerful way to show buyers the full potential of the back exterior
As you can see, virtual staging isn’t limited to interiors only — use it to enhance landscaping and boost the curb appeal of a property.
5. Some Thoughts on Virtual Staging for Kitchens and Bathrooms
Well-designed and appointed kitchens and bathrooms sell houses. Buyers often consider these spaces the most important rooms when looking for a new home.
However, we don’t usually think of these rooms as having furniture. But that doesn’t mean virtual staging can’t be used to make these rooms ultra-appealing.
For example, think about the following ways virtual staging can be used in bathrooms and kitchens:
- Redo tile and backsplashes
- Update cabinets and cabinet hardware
- Add amazing lighting fixtures
- Upgrade kitchen appliances and amenities
- Add a tile shower to a bathroom
Your imagination is the only limit to how virtual staging can be used to impress buyers with stunning kitchens and baths.
FAQs – Summary
Let’s review three main questions to summarize our post today.
Q. Can I use virtual staging to help with interior design issues?
A. Absolutely. Virtual staging is an easy and affordable way to reap the benefits of interior design. Use this technology to declutter, redecorate, make repairs, or refresh the look of a listing. And since virtual staging is less intrusive than interior design, sellers will thank you.
Q. Should I use multiple design styles when virtually staging a room?
A. Yes, always use more than one design style when virtually staging a room. Why? You’ll appeal to a broader range of buyers, thus improving your chances for a fast sale at higher prices.
Q. Which rooms are most important to virtually stage?
A. While it would be ideal to stage every room and space in a home virtually, that isn’t always a practical option. At the very least, aim to virtually stage the living room, dining room, bedrooms, and exterior spaces to leave a solid and positive impression on buyers.
Work With PhotoUp for Outstanding Virtual Staging
PhotoUp’s virtual staging service is easy to use and delivers outstanding results. Their team can help with all your real estate virtual staging needs.
Their affordable virtual staging services include the following:
- Photo-realistic staging of empty or outdated rooms
- Remodeling and repairs
- Object removal, decluttering, and depersonalizing of rooms
- Virtual landscaping, including decks and patio furniture
- Sky replacements and twilight effects
- Grass greening
- And more!
As mentioned, the company offers an extensive furniture library with 11 design styles and 100s of accessories, excellent service, and a quick turnaround of 24 to 48 hours.
And their virtual staging services are extremely simple to use. You’ll get amazing, alluring staged photos for your listing in 3 easy steps:
1) Sign up for a free PhotoUp account and upload your photos
2) Select from our library of design styles and furnishings
3) We email you the proofs for approval and download in 24 to 48 hours
PhotoUp Virtual Staging Demo
Check out this short virtual staging demo to learn about the quick and easy ordering and uploading process:
It’s really as easy as 1-2-3!
And PhotoUp is a full-service real estate marketing company offering more than just virtual staging. Their services also include:
- Real estate photo editing
- Virtual house tours
- Single property websites
- Real estate photographer websites
- Floor plans
- Property flyers
- Video editing
- Virtual Assistants
- House portraits
- And more!
So, take the next step, and start using virtual staging to help with interior design needs on your listings.
Sign up for a free PhotoUp account and let us help you impress your clients and sell your listings faster and for higher prices.
We hope you enjoyed this post on the interior design benefits of the multi-virtual staging of rooms to cater to any market. Also, before you go, you may want to check out the following related resources: