Table of Contents
- What Is Curb Appeal?
- Why Is Curb Appeal Important?
- 9 Ways to Improve Curb Appeal
- Enhancing Curb Appeal Digitally With Virtual Staging
Are you wondering why curb appeal is important when selling a property and how much it can increase the value of your home?
In 2021, 97% of homebuyers used the internet to search for a new home. Eye-catching pictures that highlight your home’s curb appeal are an absolute necessity if you want to get a top dollar offer.
In this post, we’ll tell you why curb appeal is important to entice buyers to want to see more of your home and step inside. We’ll also give you quick ways to improve curb appeal and present the more cost-effective and time-saving solution of enhancing it digitally.
Alright, let’s get started by explaining what this home-selling essential is about.
What Is Curb Appeal?
Curb appeal refers to the exterior design and features of your home. It’s the level of attractiveness people feel for a property when viewing it from the street.
In other words, it’s the aesthetic look of a home’s exterior that gives homebuyers their first impression of a property before they even step inside.
Curb appeal can convince buyers to want to see the inside of a property and is designed to sell a home from the outside and in.
It is a great marketing tool, especially now when the home buying process starts online. Today, people will browse hundreds of property images online before physically stepping foot inside a home.
Your home needs to stand out to attract potential buyers!
And the better your home’s exterior looks, the more inclined buyers will be to come and take a closer look and see even the inside.
Why Is Curb Appeal Important?
As mentioned earlier, curb appeal is important to give prospective buyers a good first impression of a property.
A recent study shows that 99% of NAR (National Association of REALTORS) members believe that curb appeal is essential in attracting a buyer.
Even though it can be costly to improve the curb appeal of a property, it can have a huge impact on the sales price. In fact, properties with beautiful exteriors sell for approximately 7% more than those with an uninviting exterior.
Except for giving homebuyers a first impression, curb appeal is also important because of the following:
- The attractiveness of the outside makes buyers more inclined to look inside
- It sets expectations and creates value in a home
- Done well, it gives the property a “wow” factor and helps sell it faster and for more money
With that being said, let’s take a look at 9 ways to improve curb appeal next.
9 Ways to Improve Curb Appeal
If you’re getting ready to sell your house, here are some things to consider for preparing the property and improving the exterior:
- Mow the lawn: It’s an easy thing to do! Also, make enhancements to the overall landscaping, such as fixing flower beds, trimming trees, bushes, and so forth.
- Make sure the exterior paint of your home is in good condition. Repaint if necessary.
- Clean the roof of the house. If it is getting too old, a roof replacement can go a long way. Buyers don’t want to have to spend money on a new roof shortly after moving in.
- Make sure the driveway is in good condition, without cracks and weeds.
- Power wash the exterior and make sure the whole house looks clean.
- Address any signs of mold or mildew as that’s a big turnoff for potential buyers.
- Paint or replace the front door, windows, and gutters.
- Fix or replace light fixtures.
- Lastly, check additional exterior features like the porch, pool, or fire pit to make sure they look neat and clean.
Who wouldn’t want to sit here and enjoy an evening cocktail or dinner?!
You get the point.
Making an extra effort to boost your home’s exterior features can help sell it for more money.
Now that you know ways to improve curb appeal (physically using heavy labor), we’ll show you the more cost-effective and time-saving solution to give your home’s exterior a “wow” factor.
Enhancing Curb Appeal Digitally With Virtual Staging
The idea of curb appeal has moved from the actual curb to online marketing.
And because we know that over 90% of home buyers start their search online, that’s where you’ll need to make your first impression.
Painting a home, adding or removing shutters, or adding beautiful, appealing landscaping all can take weeks and cost a small fortune.
Luckily, there is a less costly and time-consuming solution!
With virtual staging for real estate, you can get your outdated, messy, or faulty exterior looking fabulous. You can easily add, remove, or enhance any of your home’s exterior features.
For example, why not add a pool and a nice patio area to show home buyers the potential of the property?
This could help sell your home faster and for more money!
There are no limits to what PhotoUp’s professional real estate photo editors can do to transform the exterior and interior of a home.
Best of all, it only costs $25 per image, and you’ll get your virtually staged images back in less than 48 hours.
Sign up for a free account today, and learn how PhotoUp’s virtual staging for real estate can give your property a “wow” factor and sell it to the price you deserve.
We hope this blog post answered the question of why curb appeal is important when selling a property and helped you find the best solution to enhance your home’s exterior.
Before you go, you may also want to check out the following resources: