Table of Contents
- Why Should You Consider Upgrading Your Backyard?
- Tips to Manually Improve Your Backyard and Curb Appeal
- What Is Virtual Landscaping?
- How to Use Virtual Landscaping to Upgrade Your Backyard
I’m going to tell you a little secret… Did you know that you can use virtual landscaping to upgrade your backyard and get a feel for how it can look with fresh new patio furniture and plants?
Yes, that’s right!
Not only is a beautiful backyard essential for you to enjoy warm summer nights barbecuing with friends and family, but it’s also vital in boosting the overall curb appeal of a home — a big part of getting people to notice a property and sell it to a higher price.
In this post, we’ll show you how to use virtual landscaping to upgrade your backyard and boost the overall value and curb appeal of your home.
But before anything, let’s take a look at why you should consider upgrading your backyard.
Why Should You Consider Upgrading Your Backyard?
Thinking of selling your home? If so, upgrading your backyard can help you sell it faster and possibly even for more money.
One way that upgrading your backyard can help you sell your home is by increasing its curb appeal. According to a study done by Michigan State University, a home with landscaping and effort put into curb appeal can increase perceived home value by 5 to 11%.
“Well manicured landscaping is inviting to potential home buyers and can help increase foot traffic, produce more offers, and even raise the final sale price for home sellers.”Devon Higgins, Head of Sales & Marketing at PhotoUp, Realtor at Hello Homes GR
In other words, if your backyard looks appealing, potential buyers will be more likely to want to see the rest of your home.
Additionally, if you’ve added features that make your backyard more functional, like a deck or patio, that can also make your home more attractive to potential buyers.
And that’s why it’s crucial to invest in your backyard to boost the overall curb appeal and value of your home.
If you enjoy physical labor, we’ll start by giving you a few tips on what you can do to manually improve your backyard.
Tips to Manually Improve Your Backyard and Curb Appeal
There are lots of ways to upgrade your backyard, depending on what you’re looking for. If you want to make it more functional, you might add a deck or patio, or install a fire pit to give it a cozy feel.
Additionally, if you’re looking to improve the aesthetic appeal of your backyard, you might want to add some other landscaping features like flowers, trees, or a water feature.
Whatever your goal, there are lots of ways to upgrade your backyard!
Here are a few tips on what you can do to upgrade your backyard:
- This may seem obvious, but a freshly cut lawn will make a difference to the overall look of your backyard
- Consider building a deck or patio
- Invest in a nice outdoor rug
- Create a stone path
- Add a tree bench where you can sit reading a book underneath
- Set up a trellis and have beautiful roses climb on either side
- Create shade with a pergola
- Invest in a water fountain to add charm to the backyard
- Consider building a pool
- String up some outdoor lighting to create a cozy atmosphere
- Update your fence
- Make space for outdoor dining and include comfy seating
- Create a fire pit for an ultimate, cozy backyard experience
- Hang a hammock between two trees
- Invest in an outdoor kitchen with a new grill
- Plant beautiful and colorful flowers
- Clean the house exterior
- And remember to remove mold and mildew
Now that you know what you can do to give your backyard a nice aesthetic and functional boost, let’s take a look at the digital way to upgrade your backyard which is much quicker, easier, and more affordable.
What Is Virtual Landscaping?
Virtual landscaping, also called virtual staging, is the process of designing a landscape/backyard using computer software.
Virtual landscaping can be helpful in a number of ways, such as:
- Planning out your landscaping before you actually start planting or changing anything. This can help you to figure out what plants will look good together, and where to place them in your yard
- Getting an idea of what certain landscaping features will look like in your yard like a pool, patio or deck area
- Lastly, virtual landscaping is great to help you create amazing real estate images for when it’s time to list your home for sale. This can help you get more buyer interest, higher offers, and quicker sales!
As you can see, virtual landscaping made this rather empty backyard look amazing and luxurious!
Potential buyers can see the property’s full potential, which helps them imagine themselves living in the home and taking a cooling dip in this inviting pool.
And if the images manage to create an emotional connection with the buyer, they may even be willing to pay a higher price for the place!
How to Use Virtual Landscaping to Upgrade Your Backyard
Having great listing photos is crucial to capture the attention of homebuyers. After all, 97% of buyers start their home search online and expect to see high-quality photography.
As mentioned earlier, virtual landscaping is performed by using 3D design technology to virtually improve the landscaping of your real estate images.
Not only can it help you create stunning real estate photos, but it can also help you:
- Create a lush green lawn and patch up dry brown spots
- Remove weeds and replace mulch
- Add new flowers in the flowerbeds
- Replace the brick or concrete
- Freshen up the driveway
- Replace doors and exterior paint
- Repair or paint the roof
- Add a beautiful pool/patio area to your yard
- And the list goes on!
So if you’re looking to beautify your backyard or patio area, PhotoUp’s virtual landscaping service is a great way to bring your vision to life.
Our expert designers can make your outdated, messy, or faulty exterior look fabulous in only 24 to 48 hours, starting at the low cost of $20 to $30 per image.
Apart from doing virtual landscaping, you can also use our virtual staging service to:
- Add photo-realistic furniture and decor to empty or outdated rooms
- Declutter, depersonalize, and redecorate spaces
- Update flooring, ceiling, and walls
- Add a fresh coat of paint or new wallpaper to a room
- Perform virtual renovations
- And much more!
Here’s an example to give you a better idea of what virtual staging can do:
It makes any vacant or outdated space look like a warm, modern, and inviting home!
Furthermore, PhotoUp is a complete non-stop-shop and also offers additional real estate marketing services such as:
- Real estate photo editing
- Floor plans
- Video editing
- Single property websites
- Custom websites
- House portraits
- Virtual Assistants
- And much more!
We have everything you need to market your real estate listings under one roof!
Besides, PhotoUp’s user-friendly software allows you to upload your images, choose furniture sets, add instructions, and then access your high-resolution images with just a few clicks.
PhotoUp Virtual Staging Demo
To see how quick and easy it is to get started, check out our virtual staging demo:
As simple as that!
Upgrading your backyard virtually can help you create captivating images that’ll appeal to all types of buyers and boost the overall sales price of your listing.
It can also help you get a vision of the backyard of your dreams before spending money on costly outdoor furniture and other features that don’t live up to your expectations.
Sign up for a free PhotoUp account today, and learn how our virtual staging can give your backyard the “wow” factor it deserves!
We hope this blog post helped you understand how to use virtual landscaping to upgrade your backyard. Before you go, you may also want to check out these related resources: