Table of Contents
More than ever, real estate professionals today realize the benefits of virtual staging for presenting a strong online presence for a listing.
Virtual staging saves real estate agents and their clients, time, money, and resources while helping sell homes above the asking price.
In this post, you’ll learn 10 benefits of virtual staging for real estate agents. We’ll also cover what virtual staging is and when you can use it.
What Is Virtual Staging?
Staging a home means rearranging, decorating, and helping it look its best to sell it quickly and for a high price. Home staging became popular in real estate sales in the mid-1970s.
Fast forward to today and technology is empowering an easier, more cost-effective way to achieve the same results more quickly and less expensively.
Virtual staging creates highly realistic images of a given space by changing such things as:
- Flooring and carpeting
- Paint colors and wallpaper
- Window treatments
- Furniture, decor, and wall hangings
Similarly, virtual staging is excellent for interior design for home renovations, as it allows homeowners to examine a wide range of decorating and style options, all from the comfort of a computer.
When Can You Use Virtual Staging?
The speed, diversity, and convenience of virtual staging have many uses:
- Home Sales – making a vacant home look inviting or refreshing the look of one already furnished.
- Renovations – giving clients a chance to preview their design ideas.
- Redecorating – allowing clients to see how their furniture or a new style will look in their space.
- Exteriors and Landscaping – exploring sophisticated and pleasant looks with new exterior styles, flowers, trees, and shrubbery.
Whether you are preparing a home for sale, redecorating a room, or renovating an entire house, virtual staging has become a safe, cost-effective, convenient, and high-quality alternative to traditional staging.
10 Main Benefits of Virtual Staging
Let’s dive in and talk about the proven 10 benefits of virtual staging for real estate agents:
1. Speed to Market
Physical staging takes time for furniture delivery, renovations, and setting it all up.
However, today’s real estate market is fast-paced.
When selling a property, getting the listing up and running within days — not weeks — is crucial. And the turnaround times for virtual staging are typically just a few days.
Virtual staging allows for added flexibility that simply isn’t possible when physically staging.
For example, with physical staging, you’re limited to selecting only one aesthetic or design style.
Yet with virtual staging, you’re able to showcase the home in several different styles and designs, finding ways to appeal to different buyer target audiences.
3. Virtual Staging Is Cost-Effective
Virtual staging is cost-efficient. You don’t waste time, energy, and money having a home staged traditionally.
Usually, the price for one virtually staged room is about 95% cheaper than actual staging.
4. An Impressive Online Presence
According to the National Association of Realtors, 97% of home buyers searched online during their home buying process.
Virtual staging creates the most polished, appealing, and professional online presence for any property.
5. Virtual Staging Allows Buyers to Experiment With a Space
Another benefit of virtual staging is that it allows buyers to explore various style options for the same room, thereby allowing you a chance to sell the versatility of the home.
- Will that sofa you have your eye on will fit in your great room?
- How will new window treatments look in a room?
Buyers can experiment with various colors, styles, and moods, without the time and expense of moving furniture, hanging drapes, or making purchases.
Try doing that with traditional staging!
6. Virtual Staging Is a Way to Declutter Space
Sometimes a house you are putting up for sale is packed with lots of clutter.
A strong benefit of virtual staging is you can easily remove unsightly furniture, decor, or clutter.
It’s the easiest way to declutter the space to be able to quickly show it to potential buyers.
7. Allows for Social Distancing
COVID-19 has left many individuals and families socially distancing and not interested in entering another’s home or having unnecessary guests enter their own home.
Virtual staging allows both buyers and sellers:
- The freedom to socially distance
- Reduce the need for in-person showings.
With virtual staging, buyers who are social-distancing have the benefit of still being able to visualize a home and the future possibilities of the space.
8. Exteriors and Landscaping
Exterior staging can be expensive and time-consuming.
Painting or residing a home, adding or removing shutters, or adding beautiful, appealing landscaping all can take weeks.
Today’s virtual staging allows you to experiment with different styles, colors, and options to refresh the exterior of the home with minimal work and cost.
9. Virtual Stating Is Easier on Sellers
Virtual staging is non-disruptive to the seller while offering multiple style options for the same property.
Your sellers will appreciate not having contract workers all through the house, making noise, and leaving dust behind.
10. Virtual Staging Helps You Stand Out From Other Agents
Having high-quality virtual staging in your real estate marketing toolkit can give you an edge over other agents.
Even better, go into listing presentations ready to show the sellers examples of virtually staged rooms and be ready to explain to them all the benefits!
The Bottom Line – Let PhotoUp Help!
Now that you’ve learned the 10 benefits of virtual staging for real estate agents, let us here at PhotoUp help!
PhotoUp specializes in photorealist, affordable virtual staging with fast turn-around times.
Here’s how it works:
- Upload the photos of the spaces you want to be staged.
- Select a design style set from our professionally designed digital style and furniture library. You can even customize each set adding more pieces or opting for less.
- We’ll send you proofs of each virtually staged room for you to approve and download.
It’s that easy.
Learn how PhotoUp’s virtual staging can make you stand out as a real estate pro.
We hope this blog post helped you see the benefits of virtual staging. If you enjoyed this post, make sure to check out the following resources as well:
- How to Virtually Stage a Room in Less Than 5 Minutes
- Can You Do Your Own Virtual Staging?
- Virtual Staging – Everything Real Estate Agents Need To Know
- Make More & Spend Less with Real Estate Virtual Staging
- 6 Advantages of Virtual Staging