Table of Contents
- Should I Renovate Before Selling?
- The 4 Advantages of Virtual Renovation Before Selling
- Let PhotoUp Help You Virtually Renovate Before Selling
Selling a home requires more than just placing a “For Sale” sign in the front yard.
Before you put the house on the market, you need to make sure that the property looks its best and is in excellent condition for a faster sale at the top price.
Undertaking renovations before putting the house on the market is one option. But renovations take time and often quite a bit of money. Is there a faster and less expensive alternative to renovations?
We’re glad you asked! Yes, there is, and it’s called virtual renovation.
Therefore, in this post, we’re going to explore renovating vs virtual staging: redesigning homes for a faster sale.
Should I Renovate Before Selling a Home?
It can get a bit difficult to decide if you should renovate a home before selling. What do we mean by renovating?
Home renovation is the process of improving damaged, broken, or outdated areas, rooms, or even the entire house.
Renovations can be as small as updating the kitchen cabinetry or as large as gutting the house and redoing everything.
So, how do you answer the question, should I renovate before selling? Here are some criteria to consider:
- The house is older, and updating certain features, such as flooring, cabinetry or windows will increase its resale value
- You want to renovate certain rooms, such as the kitchen or bathrooms, to boost your selling price
- You realize that minor renovations like a fresh coat of paint, decluttering, adding to the landscaping, or steam cleaning the carpets can achieve similar results in terms of price
After all, home renovation has been proven to provide a solid ROI. However, there are three more criteria, perhaps, more importantly, to consider:
- Will you recover the cost of the renovations in the sales price of the home?
- Will the time required to make the renovations hurt the timing of the sale?
- Are you, or the seller, willing to put up with the mess, noise, and intrusion renovations require?
If the answer to those three questions is “yes,” then actual renovations before selling might be worth the cost and effort.
If the answer to those questions is “no” or unclear, then virtual renovation might be your better option.
The 4 Advantages of Virtual Renovation Before Selling
Virtual staging can show a property in its best light, prompting higher interest, more offers, and a faster sale without the large financial investment, time off the market, and inconvenience of traditional renovations.
There are 4 main advantages of doing virtual renovation before selling a home.
1. It Makes It Easier to Market the Listing
Doing virtual renovations before selling a home makes marketing the property much easier, by:
- Helping everyone to see for themselves what the home would look like before investing in the actual renovation
- Having the ability to advertise and market your listing with top-notch aesthetic pictures of homes
- Being able to easily communicate to potential buyers that the space is capable of being transformed just the way they want
2. Virtual Staging and Renovations Help You Target Buyers
Being able to reach your target audience in real estate marketing is a huge advantage. And virtual renovations before selling can help you communicate quickly and effectively right to your target buyers.
For example, you can cater your virtual staging and virtual renovations to appeal to:
- Younger home buyers, by virtually renovating and decorating your listing to look more modern and trendy
- High-end home buyers, by virtually adding luxurious elements to your listing, such as swimming pools, hot tubs, and an outdoor kitchen
- Buyers who entertain often, by highlighting the home’s open floor plan, spacious living room, and well-appointed kitchen
Virtually renovating before selling enables you to capture the attention of buyers with just what they want to see.
3. Buyers Love Virtual Staging and Renovations
Buyers truly love virtual staging/redesign — why? Because virtual renovation and remodeling help buyers:
- Visualize the best uses and layouts of spaces and rooms
- Understand the added value of renovating the home themselves after the purchase
- See the home fully renovated and decorated in their preferred design and style themes
With inexpensive virtual staging, you can make renovations before selling that communicate the highest potential of a listing to specific buyers.
4. Virtual Renovations Are Less Expensive – And Much Faster
Deciding whether to renovate a home before the sale is really a business decision involving weighing and comparing costs and benefits.
- Traditional home renovations before selling are a significant financial investment, requiring approximately 1% or more of the home’s value
- However, staged homes sell 73% faster than homes without staging
So why not take advantage of the best of both options — virtually stage and renovate the home before selling, saving time and money, but also speeding up the likelihood of the sale?
In the end, the decision to actually renovate a home before selling depends on the seller’s budget. If the seller doesn’t have the money, then technology offers less expensive, but still effective alternatives.
Let PhotoUp Help You Virtually Renovate Before Selling
The above 4 advantages to virtual staging and renovating a home before selling are powerful and should not be underestimated or easily dismissed.
And the easiest way to get the best virtual staging and renovating is to work with PhotoUp.
PhotoUp’s easy-to-use virtual staging and renovating services include:
- Repairs, remodeling, and renovating — updating flooring, cabinets, and fixtures and even moving walls and adding windows and skylights
- Renovating and decorating vacant rooms with your selection of design-styled furnishings popular with today’s buyers
- Decor updates and remodeling
- Object removal, decluttering, and depersonalizing of rooms
- Sky replacement and lawn greening
- And much more!
Here, take a look at a few examples of Photoup’s virtual staging and renovating:
As the photos show, virtually renovating before selling can make a significant, positive difference!
And PhotoUp gives you design and renovation options. Browse through our 10 design styles that can match and enhance your virtual renovations;
- Mid-Century Modern
- And Southwestern
And there are other ways to showcase a home for faster sales. Consider using our real estate photo editing, single property websites, video editing, and virtual assistants — all to help you sell listings and grow your business.
And don’t wait, start today.
For a limited time, you’ll get 10 free credits when you sign up for a PhotoUp account! Plus, the signup process is completely free and doesn’t require any credit card information.
To summarize, in this post we explored renovating vs virtual staging: redesigning homes for a faster sale.
If you enjoyed this post, you should also check out the following, related resources: