Table of Contents
- The Necessity of Real Estate Photo Editing
- Best Real Estate Photo Editing Software (Our Top 4 Picks)
- Get the Best Photo Editing Possible – Work With PhotoUp
Are you looking for the best real estate photography editing software to make your listing photos simply amazing?
Over 90% of home buyers report that the quality of a listing’s photos is essential in deciding to schedule a showing.
And in terms of editing tools and software, Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop are the industry standard, but there are other options to choose from.
So, in today’s post, we’ll share our picks of the 4 best photo editing software for real estate photography.
But before we do, let’s explain why photo editing is important for real estate photography.
The Necessity of Real Estate Photo Editing
Photo editing is an essential aspect of any successful real estate photography and sales business.
Buyers make decisions about what homes to see based on the photos of the property. Therefore, the quality of the images can make or break a real estate sale.
Because of this, most real estate sales professionals use photo editing software to post-process their real estate listing images, making them look impressive and appealing.
Photo editing allows you to make every image look stunning using the following enhancements:
- Balance colors
- Remove items
- Decrease shadows
- Correct lighting and exposure
- Sharpen details
- And much more
And statistics show that high-quality photos make a significant difference in real estate sales:
- 32% of homes with high-quality photographs sell faster than those with poorer-quality images
- Properties marketed with quality images receive 47% higher asking prices per square foot
Some real estate sales take longer and don’t achieve the highest price possible, not because there’s something wrong with the property but because the photography was of poor quality.
Now that you understand the value of real estate photo editing, let’s talk about the 4 best editing software for real estate photography.
Best Real Estate Photo Editing Software (Our Top 4 Picks)
Here are our top 4 picks for the best real estate photo editing tools and software.
1. Adobe Lightroom
Adobe Lightroom is one of the best photo editing and management systems available.
As the name indicates, this photo editing software was developed by Adobe Inc. and is part of the Creative Cloud subscription family.
There are two substantial advantages to using Adobe Lightroom.
First, Lightroom is a powerful program in terms of bringing more detail out of areas that are in shadows. It’s also excellent at color correction.
Second, the program was designed to efficiently manage, edit, organize, and import photos. It offers a wide range of functionality designed to improve the quality of your images.
Here are some of Lightroom’s best features:
- Powerful RAW file editor
- Easy crop functionality
- You can create presets to save time
- Batch process images using the Quick Develop panel
- Intuitive user interface
- And non-destructive editing that protects your originals
Another benefit is that Lightroom, as part of the Creative Cloud Suite from Adobe, syncs with all other CC apps.
Pricing: Adobe Lightroom costs $9.99 per month or $119.88 per year.
Photoshop is the perfect choice for intermediate to professional photographers. And like Lightroom, it’s part of the Adobe family of software.
With Photoshop, you can easily crop and layer images, make color adjustments, and correct imperfections.
In fact, this software program has all the tools you’ll need to edit photos to the highest quality. Some of Photoshop’s other features include:
- Advanced layer management
- Professional color grading
- Support for video clips and graphics
- Easy cropping and slice tool
- Retouching tools
- And Photoshop 3D editing
Pricing: Adobe Photoshop uses an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription-based model and has 3 different pricing plans to choose from:
- Photography Plan (1TB) – $9.99/month
- Photoshop Plan – US$20.99/month
- Or, All Apps Plan – US$52.99/month
Canva makes our list of the top 4 photo editing software for real estate for a few reasons.
First, it’s easy to use and has a simple interface, making it an ideal tool for beginners.
Second, Canva is free. Yes, there’s a paid, premium version, but even the free version allows users to create stunning visuals for social media, blogs, videos, and other websites.
Canva also has a library of over 1 million images that can be used in various ways, including for business marketing.
Some of the more notable features of Canva include:
- Image cropping and straightening
- Design grids and photo frames
- Image transparency tool
- Over 8,000 templates
- Photo blur and vignette
- Even a speech bubble maker
Pricing: Canva has a free and a premium version. The premium version costs either $12.99/month or $119.99/year (for up to 5 users).
4. Serif PhotoPlus
While Serif PhotoPlus is easy to use and comes with a user-friendly interface, it still has all the tools and capabilities to do more advanced creative and edits.
Here are some of Serif PhotoPlus’s features:
- Adjust color balance and exposure
- Crop photos
- Apply basic filters
- Automatic sizing for social media
- Remove red-eye from photos
- Collage effects
- Blank canvas design
- Restore scanned photos
- And more
Also, Serif PhotoPlus has an interesting image treatment that can customize photos to look like watercolors or oil paintings.
Pricing: Serif PhotoPlus can be used on both Windows and Mac and can be purchased as a subscription for $9.99/month or $59.99/year.
Get the Best Photo Editing Possible – Work With PhotoUp
Our top 4 real estate photo editing software each has their advantages and benefits.
However, if you wish to save time and ensure top-notch quality real estate photography, then using a professional photo editing service is the way to go.
And this is where PhotoUp comes in. PhotoUp’s expert editing team is ready and eager to help on any order or project, big or small.
As an industry leader with over 10 years in the business and several hundred skilled photo editors worldwide, it’s hard to beat PhotoUp’s quality, service, and turnaround time.
And even better, PhotoUp’s pricing is affordable, starting at the low cost of $1.15 per image.
Our skilled photo editors can help with the following issues:
- Improper exposure levels
- Blurred images that were taken without a tripod
- Images that need cropping or other effects
- Lawn greening and sky replacements
- Twilight editing
- Clutter and object removal
- Line and angle corrections
- And much more!
More Than Real Estate Photo Editing
And we do more than photo editing. Let us help you grow your business with other powerful marketing tools, such as:
- Virtual staging — make every room and space in your listing look simply stunning by adding the latest furnishings and decor options (see before and after examples below)
- Single property websites — market a single property without competing listings or other distractions
- Video editing — video tours and property highlights professionally edited and featuring your branding and information
- And more — including property flyers, custom home portraits, and floor plans
So, get started today!
Sign-up for a free PhotoUp account now to get stunning images for real estate sales. And as a bonus, you get 10 free edits when you sign up.
We hope this post helped you discover the 4 best photo editing software for real estate photography. And before you go, you may also want to check out the following resources: