Table of Contents
- Statistics on the Use of Floor Plans in Real Estate Sales
- 4 Reasons to Use Floor Plans for Real Estate Marketing
- Work with PhotoUp and Start Using Floor Plans Today!
In today’s tight housing market adding floor plans to your real estate marketing can make a huge difference in your sales.
Savvy sellers and their agents know to include floor plans with their property listings because, as it turns out — potential buyers really like floor plans.
A recent study shows that buyers are more likely to go see a property if it has a floor plan.
Therefore, in this post, we’ll take a closer look at 4 reasons to use floor plans for your real estate marketing.
But first, let’s look at some convincing statistics on floor plans for real estate marketing.
Statistics on the Use of Floor Plans in Real Estate Sales
Active home buyers scan multiple property listings every day, so real estate sales professionals want their listings to stand out in the crowd and get noticed.
And here’s where floor plans can help!
The numbers show that buyers are more likely to enquire about a property if it includes a professional floor plan:
- 64% of home buyers want to see floor plans on a listing
- Floor plans on listings are viewed 7.5 times more frequently than maps
- Listings with floor plans on average spend 50% less time on market
- 51% of buyers say that floor plans were useful in their decision-making process
- 1 in 5 buyers will pass over a listing if it does not include a floor plan
- 1 in 10 buyers won’t even arrange a viewing without first seeing a floor plan
Nationally, the real estate market is cooling down after a few of the hottest sales years in memory. More agents are reporting that would-be homebuyers are exhausted and confidence is low concerning finding a house at a decent price.
So, in this now cooler market, making sure your listings stand out is crucial to attracting buyers. And this is where floor plans play a positive role.
4 Reasons to Use Floor Plans for Real Estate Marketing
Therefore, let’s turn to 4 powerful reasons to use floor plans for real estate marketing.
1. Floor Plans Help Tell a Fuller Story of a Home
Property descriptions and professionally edited photos are absolutely essential to selling real estate. However, photos and descriptions don’t tell the whole story about a property.
A floor plan connects the photos with the actual property:
- Floor plans provide information on the home’s layout in a single glance
- Floor plans help buyers understand the flow of a home to envision themselves living there
- A floor plan can show important interior features such as closet and storage space, as well as exterior features of the property, such as decks, balconies, garden areas, or a pool
- A good floor plan also contains measurements of rooms and spaces
Floor plans help tell the full story about a property, providing useful information and enhancing the visualization process for potential buyers.
2. Floor Plans Help Buyers Emotionally Connect With a House
Purchasing a new home is more than a financial decision, it’s also an emotional one. Buyers need to connect with a house before they decide to make it their home.
Buyers with a floor plan are like painters with a blank canvas. With a floor plan, potential buyers are able to envision:
- Where their furniture will go
- Where to hang and place works of art
- How certain rooms and spaces can be best used
With a floor plan at their fingertips, they can answer important questions in their mind, such as:
- Will the dining area fit our table?
- Is the kitchen big enough for our family?
- And will our bedroom furniture fit in one of the bedrooms?
So, floor plans provide a spatial context and overview that can help buyers see themselves in the home, thus increasing the chances that they’ll fall in love with it.
3. Using Floor Plans Helps You Stand Out From the Competition
As we saw in the above statistics, a floor plan is the second most important feature that buyers want to see on a listing. Floor plans highlight a property, but they also highlight your marketing skills.
Featuring floor plans on your listings shows that you are:
- Committed to giving every listing your best effort
- Skilled when it comes to marketing
- Savvy with today’s sales technology
Using floor plans for real estate marketing will not only motivate buyers to consider the property, but it will also please your sellers.
And the more impressive your marketing materials look, the more likely other sellers will be to work with you.
4. Floor Plans Connect You With Serious Buyers
One aspect of real estate marketing is knowing your target audience — reaching those buyers who will be seriously interested in your listing.
Floor plans can help you reach serious buyers in your target audience. How? By doing the following:
- Providing buyers with the fuller information they need to make a decision about viewing the home in person
- Helping buyers save time by knowing right away if the home will meet their spatial needs
Floor plans for real estate marketing can play a significant role in helping you connect with serious buyers — thus likely making the sale happen more quickly and for good terms.
By sorting out unqualified buyers, floor plans help narrow the potential buyer pool, creating a competitive situation where a buyer is more likely to make a high and solid offer.
Work With PhotoUp and Start Using Floor Plans Today!
Now that you’ve learned the many benefits of using floor plans for real estate marketing, you’re probably wondering how you get started.
Let PhotoUp help make using floor plans easy! Simply send us photos and measurements of each room and we do the rest.
PhotoUp’s technology creates professional and affordable floor plans that will make every one of your listings stand out.
And we do more than floor plans!
PhotoUp offers a full range of real estate marketing services, including:
- Real estate photo editing
- Virtual staging
- Virtual house tours
- Single property websites
- Custom websites
- Video editing
- Property flyers
- House portraits
- And virtual assistants
So, why not get started today?
Sign up for a free PhotoUp account, and get floor plans to help sell your real estate listings!
We hope you enjoyed reading this article on 4 reasons to use floor plans for real estate marketing. Also, you may want to explore the following resources: