Table of Contents
- What Is Drone Photography?
- 4 Powerful Benefits of Real Estate Drone Photography
- Useful and Actionable Tips to Take Great Aerial Shoots
- Get Expert Drone Editing Help!
Are you considering whether you should add real estate drone photography to your product offerings in 2023?
The real estate market in 2023 is likely to slow down after properties pretty much sold themselves in the pandemic’s early phase. As a photographer, it is now more crucial than ever to be able to offer stunning real estate photography to capture the interest of potential homebuyers.
And that’s where drone photography comes into the picture (*pun intended)!
In this post, we’ll share 4 powerful benefits of real estate drone photography. We’ll also provide some useful tips that will help you take great aerial shoots.
What Is Drone Photography?
Drone photography is the use of unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) to take photographs and videos from different angles, which is an ace up your sleeve to leverage as a real estate photographer.
Drones are equipped with onboard cameras, allowing them to capture images from high up in the sky or from far away.
They are also able to use their rotors to hover in one place, allowing them to get a better viewpoint of the subject.
4 Powerful Benefits of Real Estate Drone Photography
If you’re a real estate photographer you know that one of the toughest things to accomplish is to capture the full extent of a property.
Sure, you’ll have your wide-angle lens to get as much in the frame as you can manage, but sometimes it’s still not enough. And that’s where drone photography can be advantageous in several ways.
That said, here are 4 powerful benefits of real estate drone photography.
1. Provides a Birds-Eye View of the Property
By adding in the aerial perspective, you can give buyers a birds-eye view of the whole property and the surrounding neighborhood as well.
This provides a unique perspective of the property. Looking down from an aerial view can give potential buyers a better understanding of the size and layout of the property, as well as provide an overview of the surrounding area.
Additionally, the above view can also provide more interesting angles and allow for a more creative presentation of the property, adding value to the listing.
2. Allows for Aerial Photos and Videos
Using a drone also allows for aerial photos and videos of the property, which gives potential buyers a better understanding of the size and layout of the property.
For example, aerial videos can provide potential homebuyers with a unique and immersive experience.
By being able to “fly” through the property, buyers can gain a better understanding of the property and can make an informed buying decision.
3. Reduces the Need for Exterior Staging
Aerial photography can reduce the need for exterior staging and landscaping, as the photos will be taken from a higher angle and will include the surrounding area.
Despite this, you should always consider increasing the curb appeal of your property to get people passing by on the street and potential buyers coming for a showing in the door.
In other words, it will boost the overall value of the property and make buyers want to see more of the home.
4. Produces Faster Results
Finally, drones can provide faster results and allow for more efficient use of time since the photographer can take multiple angles of the property in less time.
As mentioned, it allows you to take photos and videos from higher angles, and in a much wider view.
Additionally, the photographer can also quickly adjust camera settings, such as aperture and exposure, if necessary, further enhancing the speed of the shoot.
Useful and Actionable Tips to Take Great Aerial Shoots
Now that you know the benefits of using real estate drone photography, let’s take a look at some useful tips to keep in mind when shooting aerial shoots:
- For starters, use the right drone camera. A high-resolution camera of at least 12MP or more will allow you to take stunning aerial photos
- Always check the weather forecast before flying a drone, as wind and rain can make it difficult to control the drone
- Make sure to have a plan for the shot and take time to ensure the framing and composition are correct
- Pay attention to surrounding objects, power lines, and people to ensure the safety of the drone and those around it
- Remember to bring extra batteries and props, as they may be necessary if the conditions are less than ideal
Wait! There’s More…
Yes, that was many tips all at once, but we have more, so let’s break up the text a bit. With this short break, here are more tips to help you take great real estate drone photography:
- Always shoot RAW. The RAW file format, in contrast to JPEG, records every bit of image data that the sensor is capable of recording, which allows for non-destructive editing
- Being a good drone operator takes practice. Make sure you spend enough time honing in your flying skills; first simply just flying and then practicing taking shots as well
- Focus on getting good coverage – focus on getting good coverage of the property you’re shooting. Pick out the highlights of the property and focus extra on these
- Set your shutter speed – when taking drone photography, you typically want a faster shutter speed since no matter what you’re shooting, your drone won’t be entirely stable
- Finally, get licensed and know the local law. You don’t need to get permission every time you fly a drone, but you do need to register your drone and be licensed
Using these tips will help you shoot captivating aerial shoots of properties and their surrounding areas.
Ultimately, offering drone photography will show that you’re tech-savvy and willing to go the extra mile to create stunning images for your clients.
Get Expert Drone Editing Help!
Even aerial shoots need to be edited to boost the overall quality and sharpness of the images. Professional drone editing can make an average aerial photo look impressive.
PhotoUp’s real estate photo editing experts can take any photo or video and make it truly stunning!
Except for drone photo editing, our team can also help with the following issues:
- HDR editing
- Improper exposure levels
- Harsh shadows, lack of light, etc.
- Images that need cropping or other effects
- Color correction and image enhancement
- Lawn greening and sky replacements
- Noise reduction and ghosting
- Clutter and object removal
- Day-to-dusk and Twilight editing
- Line and angle corrections, etc.
But it doesn’t stop there…
PhotoUp is a one-stop-shop for real estate marketing and also offers other services such as:
- Virtual staging
- Video editing
- Real Estate Photographer Websites
- Single property websites
- House portraits
- Virtual Assistants
- And more!
When signing up for a free PhotoUp account, you’ll get access to our user-friendly photo management system, so you can easily upload and receive photos.
PhotoUp Real Estate Photo Editing Uploader
To see how quick and easy it is to get started with PhotoUp, check out our photo editing uploader demo:
As simple as that!
Before you go, we have another surprise for you…
…if you sign up for a PhotoUp account today, you’ll receive 10 free edits to try us out! Plus, the signup process is completely free and doesn’t require any credit card information.
Let PhotoUp help you take your drone photography and real estate marketing to the next level.
You won’t regret it!
We hope this blog post helped you realize the benefits of real estate drone photography. If you liked this post, you may also want to check out the following resources: