Selling your home can be a challenging process, but using digital marketing tools can help make it easier, faster, and more successful. For example, 73% of homeowners say they’re more likely to list with a Realtor who uses video to sell the property.
In this post, we’ll share 9 powerful tips on how to sell your home fast and for more money using popular digital marketing tools available in 2024.
This is an information-rich guide, so let’s get started right away!
How to Sell Your Home in 2024 (9 Powerful Tips)
Here are 9 powerful tips to help you sell your home in 2024.
1. Ensure Top Notch Real Estate Photography
Professional real estate photography is crucial when selling a home. 72.2% of Realtors report that high-quality photography helps them win more listings. And it can also help to showcase the property in its best light and attract potential buyers.
Furthermore, high-quality real estate images can help to highlight the features and amenities of the home, as well as its layout and design.
In the best of scenarios, they help to create an emotional connection with potential buyers, which is vital in selling a property.
To summarize, there are several reasons why professional real estate photography is important:
- First impressions are crucial: Captivating real estate photos can help to create a strong first impression of the property, which is important in attracting potential buyers.
- Showcase the property: They can also help to showcase the features and amenities of the property, such as the kitchen, bathrooms, and outdoor spaces.
- Emotional connection: Professional photography can help to create an emotional connection with potential buyers. This can decide whether they want to place an offer or not on the property.
- Increased visibility: It can help to increase the visibility of the property online and in print, attracting more potential buyers.
- Competitive advantage: In a competitive real estate market, professional real estate photography can give a property an edge over others that may not have high-quality photos.
Overall, professional real estate photography can be an important tool for selling a home and can help to attract more potential buyers and get the best price for the property.
Remember to double-check that your photographer works with a good real estate photo editing company like PhotoUp to ensure top-notch image quality.
2. Hire a Good Real Estate Agent
Hiring a good real estate agent or Realtor will help you sell your home faster and get it in front of more buyers. For one, they have the knowledge and expertise to effectively market your home to potential buyers.
Additionally, they can use a variety of marketing strategies to get the word out about your home such as:
- Online advertising
- Open houses
- And targeted email campaigns
Not to forget, a Realtor or agent has pricing expertise and negotiation skills. They also have a network of professionals, such as mortgage lenders, home inspectors, and attorneys, who can help you navigate the home-selling process.
There are a few steps you can take to find a good real estate agent:
- Get referrals: Ask friends, family, and colleagues for referrals to real estate agents they have worked with in the past.
- Research their credentials: Look for agents who are licensed by the state in which you will be buying or selling real estate. It’s also a good idea to look for agents who are members of professional organizations like the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
- Consider the agent’s experience: Look for agents who have experience in the type of property you are interested in (e.g., residential, commercial, etc.) and in the area where you want to buy or sell.
- Check their online presence: Look for agents who have a professional website and are active on social media. This can give you an idea of their marketing skills and how they present themselves to potential clients.
- Interview multiple agents: Don’t just settle on the first agent you meet. It’s a good idea to interview multiple agents to see who you feel most comfortable with. And who you think will be the best fit for your needs.
- Ask for references: Ask the agents you are considering for references from past clients. This can give you an idea of how well the agent has served their clients in the past.
Following these steps will take you far in finding a professional real estate agent to help you sell your home.
3. Create a Single Property Website
You should also consider creating a professional single property website for your listing, also called a microsite or landing page. This will make your listing stand out from the competition, which can help you attract more buyers.
First and foremost, these sites allow you to include an unlimited number of high-quality photos of your home. Plus, you can easily add a detailed description of its features and amenities and information about the surrounding area.
Using a single property website can be an effective way to market your real estate listing for a few reasons:
- Increased exposure: It allows you to create a dedicated space for your listing, which can be shared on social media and other platforms. This can help increase the visibility of your listing and get more people to schedule a physical showing.
- Professional presentation: A single listing site lets you present your listing in a professional and visually appealing way. You can include high-quality photos, virtual tours, videos, and detailed property information to showcase the features of your home.
- Easy to share: These sites can be easily shared with potential buyers and their agents, making it easier to access all the information about your listing in one place.
- Enhanced SEO: A single property website can also be optimized for search engines. This can help increase the chances of your listing being found online by potential buyers.
Overall, using a single property website can be a powerful tool to help market your real estate listing and attract more homebuyers.
4. Leverage Virtual House Tours
Consider using a virtual tour of your property. Why?
For starters, virtual tours allow potential buyers to view your home from the comfort of their own home, which can be especially useful for buyers who live far away or who have busy schedules. It also adds to the safety aspect of “social distancing” in COVID times.
Second, virtual house tours also help you to present your home in a professional and visually appealing way. For example, you can include high-quality photos, 360-degree views, and detailed descriptions of each room to showcase the features of your home.
Plus, you can share your virtual tour on social media and other platforms to increase the visibility of your listing.
5. Virtually Stage Vacant or Cluttered Rooms
If your property is vacant, outdated, or cluttered with lots of personal belongings, virtual staging can help you virtually stage or declutter each room and make your listing look stunning.
What is virtual staging and how does it work?
Virtual staging is the process of digitally adding furniture, decor, and other elements to an empty or sparsely furnished room in a photograph or video using computer graphics software.
It is often used to help visualize what a room might look like when furnished. Or to present a more polished and finished look in real estate listings or other marketing materials.
Virtual staging can be a cost-effective alternative to physically staging a home. It allows the seller to make changes to the appearance of the space without incurring the costs and logistical challenges of actually moving in furniture and other items.
In fact, virtual staging typically costs 97% less than traditional home staging. And can be done in only 24 to 48 hours instead of the days or weeks it takes to rent and set up physical furniture and decor to stage a home.
It can also be useful for showing potential buyers or renters multiple interior design options or variations of a space, as it is easy to make changes and try out different layouts and styles digitally.
6. Create a Real Estate Walk Through Video
Another great marketing tool to leverage if you want to impress buyers and appeal to out-of-state buyers is a real estate walkthrough video.
A real estate walk-through video shows a property as if the viewer were physically walking through the space. These videos typically include a series of shots that move from room to room, showing the layout and features of the property.
As with virtual tours, property videos are often used in real estate marketing and can be a helpful tool for potential buyers or renters who are interested in a property but are unable to visit it in person.
They may live out of state or want to take COVID precautions and can watch the video from the comfort of their home.
Additionally, walk-through videos can be created using a variety of techniques, including virtual staging, 360-degree video, and video shot with a camera or smartphone.
They may also include additional features such as voiceovers, music, or captions to provide more information about the property.
7. Consider Using Drone or Aerial Photography
There are several reasons why an agent or seller should consider using drone photography to showcase a property.
To give this statement some backbone, recent studies show that houses with aerial photographs and video sell 68% faster than those without visuals.
Drone photography can provide a unique and visually striking perspective of the property. Needless to say, this is not possible with traditional ground-level photography.
Drones can also capture aerial shots that show the layout and size of the property. As well as its surrounding area and any nearby landmarks or features.
This can be especially useful for properties with large outdoor spaces, such as farms, ranches, or beachfront properties.
Besides, drone photography can be a cost-effective way to capture high-quality images of a property. While hiring a professional photographer to take aerial photos with a helicopter or plane can be expensive, drones are more affordable and can provide similar results.
The bottom line is that drone photography can be a valuable tool for showcasing a real estate listing, providing potential buyers or renters with a unique and comprehensive birds-eye view of the property and its surroundings.
8. Utilize Online Listing Sites and Social Media
Be sure to create a comprehensive and engaging listing that includes high-quality photos and a detailed description of your home. You need to make sure it stands out from the crowd since these sites list thousands of properties.
You should also take advantage of social media to promote your listing. Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter can be valuable tools for promoting your listing to potential buyers.
Share photos and videos of your home, as well as any updates or open house events. And make sure they look spectacular because studies show that listings with professional photos earn a 1,200% increase in social media shares.
9. Invest in Online Advertising
Online advertising such as Google AdWords, can be a cost-effective way to promote your home to a targeted audience.
By using keywords and demographic information, you can reach potential buyers who are actively searching for homes in your area.
However, make sure to learn how to run online advertising campaigns and how to optimize your target audience. If you don’t know what you’re doing, the costs can quickly add up when running these campaigns.
By implementing these 9 steps, you can effectively sell your home using popular digital marketing tools available in 2024.
Professional real estate images, a property website, virtual tours and videos, social media promotion, online listing websites, a good real estate agent, and more can all help you reach potential buyers and showcase your home in its best light.
This will help your listing stand out from the competition, which can help you sell your home faster and possibly even for a higher price.
Before you go…
…why don’t you sign up for a free PhotoUp account, and try some of these services out for yourself?!
We have everything you need to market your real estate listing and US support under one roof. You won’t regret it!
We hope this guide provided you with some valuable tips on how to sell your home in 2024. If you enjoyed reading this post, you may also want to check out the following resources: