Are you wondering what’s the best external flash for real estate photography?
Real estate photography is an abode in its own right, and yet, mastering it can be a huge challenge. Having the right gear can make all the difference, especially when it comes to lighting. As you might know, many homes have insufficient natural light, making taking photos of them a daunting task.
Fortunately, an external flash can help you capture brilliant shots with ease. In this blog post, we’ll share our top 7 recommendations for external flashes to help you make your real estate photography shine.
But before we review our top choices of flashes, let’s explore some key features to consider when choosing a flash for real estate photography.
What to Think of When Choosing an External Flash
When it comes to finding the perfect flash for your real estate photography business, there are several factors to consider:
- Compatibility: Ensure that the flash you are considering is compatible with all the cameras you use. This will allow you to use the same flash across multiple camera models.
- Recycling speed: The speed at which the flash recycles is crucial. A faster recycling speed enables you to quickly capture shots after firing the flash.
- Flash zoom: Having control over the flash zoom allows you to adjust the coverage of light and frame your images precisely.
- On-camera vs. off-camera flash: Determine whether an on-camera or off-camera flash suits your needs better. Some photographers find on-camera flashes more convenient as they can be connected directly to the camera, while others prefer off-camera flashes that can be wired or triggered remotely.
So, consider these factors to choose a flash that will elevate your real estate photography and enhance your overall results.
Now, let’s move on to some expert tips on how to use an external flash.
How to Best Use an External Flash to Shoot Properties
When using a flash for real estate photography, there are several important factors to consider. Here are some tips to help you capture stunning images:
1. Time of day and natural light: Take note of the time of day and the amount of natural light available in the room. Interior photography often requires a flash due to poor indoor lighting conditions.
2. Camera stability: Ensure your camera remains steady by using a tripod to avoid any unwanted camera shake. This will help you capture sharper and more professional-looking photos.
3. Experiment with flash positions: Be creative with your flash positions. Try bouncing the flash off a nearby wall or ceiling to soften the light and create a more pleasing effect.
4. Adjust flash exposure: Adjust the flash exposure to match the ambient light in the room. This will help you achieve a balanced and natural-looking result.
5. Diffuse the light: Use a diffuser or softbox to further soften the light and minimize any harsh shadows. This will give your photos a more flattering and professional appearance.
6. Minimize reflections: Pay attention to unwanted reflections and try to position the flash in a way that reduces their visibility. This will help ensure the focus remains on the subject being photographed.
7. Match flash to ambient light: Experiment with flash gels to match the flash to the color temperature of the ambient light. This will help maintain consistency and create a more cohesive look in your photos.
8. Take test shots: Always take test shots and make adjustments to your flash settings as necessary. This will allow you to fine-tune your setup and achieve the desired result.
By following these practical tips, you will be able to capture captivating real estate photos that effectively showcase the property.
With this in mind, let’s take a look at our recommendations for the best external flash for real estate photography.
Top 7 External Flashes for Real Estate Photography
To help you capture stunning property shots, here’s our list of the top 7 external flashes for real estate photography.
The Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT is a decent pick for flash photography. For starters, it’s versatile and has multiple features and settings that can be customized to suit one’s requirements.
It possesses a flash head that tilts and swivels, which, when combined with its wide-angle lens, can produce an optimally lit image.
Moreover, with a guide number of 141′ at ISO 100 and 105mm, it has both power and versatility.
Given its excellent features, the 430EX III-RT is a reliable and durable flash, making it a suitable option for real estate photography.
2. Godox V850II
When it comes to real estate photography for beginners, the Godox V850II is an excellent choice.
This camera flash offers an array of impressive features to enhance your photography experience. With an adjustable zoom range (20mm-200mm), high-speed sync, and long battery life, this device ensures optimal performance.
What sets this camera flash apart is its user-friendly commands displayed on its LCD and control panel. Its versatility allows you to capture stunning shots effortlessly.
While the Godox V850II comes at a slightly higher price point compared to others in its league, its quality and reliability make it worth every penny.
One thing to keep in mind is that navigating through the menus may not be as smooth as expected. However, taking the time to explore and familiarize yourself with the available options will lead to the best results.
The Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight is built to suit your photography needs. It has a compact size, making it easy to transport and handle.
It comes packed with features such as multiple flash modes, various lighting patterns, and a swivel head, which can make lighting adjustments simpler.
The Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight also comes with a range of power settings, making it an excellent choice for a range of indoor and outdoor shooting scenarios.
The Godox V860II-C is another brilliant external flash for real estate photography.
It contains a 2000mAh lithium-ion battery, which provides a longer shooting time, making it ideal for extended photo sessions.
Moreover, it boasts a rapid recycle time and can produce over 650 full-power flashes when fully charged. It also has a high-quality light which flicker-free, making it an excellent option for those who are sensitive to the flicker of light.
Additionally, the Godox V860II-C also has a built-in radio transceiver, making it easier to shoot in groups.
As a real estate photographer just starting out, you’ll appreciate the Neewer 750 II TTL Flash Speedlite.
This on-camera flash is perfect for beginners, offering simplicity, affordability, and great results right from the start!
However, keep in mind that as you gain more experience, you may find the need to upgrade to a more advanced flash to fully explore the potential of this type of equipment.
But for now, the Neewer 750 II TTL Flash Speedlite is an excellent choice to dip your toes into the world of real estate photography.
The Godox AD200 Pro is one of the most versatile and powerful external flashes out there.
It has an amazing amount of power and offers a breathtaking 200m guide number, producing sufficient lighting for outdoor and indoor shoots.
Additionally, it has two interchangeable light heads, providing either speed light or bare bulb light. The Godox AD200 Pro also has a wireless control system, making it convenient for shooting in groups, and a long-lasting battery.
Overall, it’s a fantastic option for real estate photography beginners-to-pros.
For advanced real estate photographers looking to elevate their portfolio, the Profoto 901025 D1 Air 1000 is a game-changer.
With its exceptional power and versatile zoom range, this off-camera flash can effortlessly handle any lighting situation and property size.
Designed for experienced photographers who demand the best, the Profoto 901025 D1 Air 1000 guarantees to revolutionize your work.
Price: No pricing available.
To conclude, you need an external flash to capture stunning images that make a property stand out. There’s no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to the best external flash, as different models are suitable for different scenarios.
However, our selection in this blog post includes some of the best flash options out there for real estate photography.
So, go and capture these stunning property shots in a flash!
Outsource Your Real Estate Photo Editing to PhotoUp
Looking to free up your time from tedious photo editing and get top-quality real estate photography?
Look no further than PhotoUp! We’re here to be your editing partner and ensure you get the best results.
With over a decade of industry experience, PhotoUp boasts a team of skilled photo editors from around the globe. We guarantee unmatched quality, exceptional service, and competitive pricing that’s hard to beat.
We have a team of highly talented real estate photo editors who can help with for example:
- Image brightness and exposure correction
- Color and tone adjustments
- Window masking and glare reduction
- Clutter and advanced object removal
- Line and angle corrections
- HDR editing and manual blending
- Harsh shadows and lack of light
- Sky replacements
- Twilight and day-to-dusk editing, etc.
Our expert team can handle any photo editing job — big or small, complex, or simple. Our pricing is also affordable, with most photo editing services starting at $1.10 per image depending on your subscription. We also offer discounts for large bulk orders.
But that’s not all…
Real Estate Marketing Services
Furthermore, PhotoUp is a comprehensive real estate marketing company offering all the essential tools and solutions to sell your property listings and boost your sales business.
Our array of services includes these popular and potent marketing offerings:
- Dedicated real estate photo editing
- Virtual staging
- Virtual house tours
- Single property websites
- Real estate photographer websites
- Floor plans
- Property flyers
- Video editing
- Virtual Assistants
- House portraits
- And more!
How to Get Started
Getting started using PhotoUp’s real estate photo editing service is super easy.
All you need to do is sign up for a free PhotoUp account, upload your images, provide instructions, choose export setting and turnaround time, download your edited images, and that’s it!
PhotoUp Real Estate Photo Editing Demo
Check out our real estate photo editing uploader demo to see how easy it is to get started:
It’s really that easy to get help with editing your real estate photos!
So, don’t wait!
Get started with PhotoUp today, and take advantage of our expertise and elevate the visual appeal of your photos today. For a limited time, you’ll even get 10 free edits when signing up!
We hope this blog post helped you find the best external flash for your real estate photography. If you enjoyed reading this post, you may also want to check out some related resources: