Table of Contents
- Why High-Quality Marketing Is Vital in Real Estate Sales
- The Power of Online Marketing in Real Estate
- Why Real Estate Marketing Is Still Crucial in a Seller’s Market
- Invest in Yourself and Your Business – Work With PhotoUp
Most regions of the country are experiencing one of the strongest real estate seller’s markets in decades. Homes are selling extremely quickly — usually in a few days, and sometimes even hours.
A seller’s market is characterized by high demand, caused by a growing number of buyers in the area, low inventory, or low-interest rates.
In such market conditions, real estate agents often question the importance of quality marketing for a home. Why spend money on marketing when the house will practically sell itself?
In this post, we’re going to explain why high-quality marketing is still crucial in a sellers market.
Alright, let’s dive in!
Why High-Quality Marketing Is Vital in Real Estate Sales
Home sellers and their real estate agents market a home for sale for two primary reasons:
- To inform the public that the house is available for sale
- And to highlight the home’s features and show it in the best possible light in order to get buyers to visit the property in person and make offers
Therefore, the goal of marketing a home is to make sure buyers see and visit yours. Marketing expands exposure, and greater exposure to market usually results in more and higher priced offers.
The Power of Online Marketing in Real Estate
Online marketing now dominates real estate sales – MLS listings, Zillow and all the similar sites, social media, single property websites, and much more.
And the key to effective online marketing is high-quality photography and video. Captivating images of the home are absolutely essential for home sales.
Therefore, a full online marketing campaign would require some or all of the following:
- Professional photo editing
- Virtual staging
- Single property websites
- Video tours
- And floor plans and other supporting materials
But is all this necessary in our current strong sellers market?
Glad you asked!
It's Never Been Easier To
Promote Your Listings
Photos. Floor Plans. Virtual Staging. Home Tours. Listing Websites.
Why Real Estate Marketing Is Still Crucial in a Seller’s Market
Today’s strong sellers market translates into rising home prices, multiple offer situations, and homes selling extremely quickly — even homes that in normal market conditions might sell more slowly and for below asking price.
With homes selling so quickly and easily, many agents think all they need to do is post the listing on the MLS, stick a sign in the yard and let the market take care of the rest.
Many agents therefore think there’s no need to pay a little more for high-quality photos, virtual staging, and other marketing tools.
2 Main Reasons Why Marketing Still Matters in a Seller’s Market
Tempting as this strategy might be, it’s still a mistake and definitely not a good idea.
Why? Let me offer 2 reasons why high-quality marketing is still crucial in a strong sellers market:
1. Increased Property Value
Successful real estate marketing helps buyers set expectations. Superb images of a home convey the value of the home and inform a buyer that this home will sell quickly and likely for over asking price.
So, even in a strong sellers market, reaching more people with the marketing directly equates to more in-person showings of the home and higher offers.
2. Helps Sell You As an Agent
The second reason is that high-quality marketing just doesn’t help sell houses — it also helps sell you as an agent. Your marketing is a direct reflection of your skills and efforts as an agent.
Potential buyers and sellers can tell the difference between a high-powered, successful agent and a mediocre real estate salesperson. And the way they do this is by comparing the quality of agents’ marketing efforts.
Smart agents think long term. Your marketing is not simply about the house, it’s also a statement of you and level of service you offer.
For this reason, do not just post the home on the MLS and hope for the best. Invest in yourself and in your business and always use professional, quality marketing images and materials.
Marketing For Top Agents
Let's Build Your Brand
Become a top listing agent with marketing solutions by PhotoUp.
Invest in Yourself and Your Business – Work With PhotoUp
Let us help you grow your business with outstanding marketing photography and other powerful, marketing tools – even in this strong seller’s market.
Open a free PhotoUp account, now, to get stunning marketing images for real estate sales and explore our other services, including:
- Photo editing — the full range of photo editing services, including image enhancement, exposure corrections, object removal, line straightening, and more
- Virtual staging — show buyers a home’s full potential and make every room and space in your listing look simply stunning
- Single property websites — showcase a single property without competing listings or other distractions
- Video editing — real estate walk through videos that help you showcase the property’s highlights with professionally edited videos, featuring your branding and information
- And other real estate marketing — including digital property flyers, custom home portraits, and floor plans
PhotoUp’s network of editors and stagers is global, but our sales and support staff are located in Grand Rapids, Michigan – ensuring you unrivaled service.
With more than 10 years in the business and several hundred skilled photo editors around the world, it’s hard to beat PhotoUp’s quality, service, and pricing.
And PhotoUp’s expert team can handle any photo editing job — big or small.
Our Commitment to Good Business
But better yet, PhotoUp is committed to sustainable, eco-friendly, and fair-trade practices.
At PhotoUp we believe that business should be a force for good, benefiting all in the communities we operate.
We chose from among the world’s best photo and digital editors. We care about our talented employees and we are invested in their lives and the lives of their communities.
Learn more about our team and our commitments to sustainability and community investment.
We hope this post helped you understand the importance of real estate marketing in a seller’s market. Also, you may want to explore the following resources:
- The Ultimate List of Real Estate Statistics That Will Shape 2023
- 2023 Real Estate Marketing Trends: What’s New?
- How to Get More Leads Using Single Listing Websites (6 Ways)
- Best Virtual Staging Companies of 2023 (Rated & Compared)
- How Luxury Single Property Websites Will Help You Sell for Top Dollar