Table of Contents
- Is Video Marketing Worth It?
- General Video Marketing Statistics You Need to Know
- Surprising & Interesting Real Estate Video Statistics
- Different Types of Real Estate Marketing Videos
- Video Usage Purpose for Homebuyers Statistics
- Create Your Real Estate Video With PhotoUp!
Are you curious about the latest real estate video statistics in 2023?
Real estate professionals and their clients are quickly realizing the immense value of investing in real estate marketing videos. From real estate walk-through videos to buyer testimonials, having a well-crafted video is becoming essential for standing out from competitors and staying ahead of industry trends!
If you’ve doubted the power of real estate videos, here are some statistics that will make you a believer.
Let’s start by taking a look at some general video marketing statistics you need to know about.
Is Video Marketing Worth It?
Yes! Staying on top of video marketing trends can seem daunting, but it’s worth the effort!
NAR (National Association of Realtors Research Group) found out that 41% of recent homebuyers begin their buying journey online, and 95% of them use online tools to find their perfect home. And one major online tool that’s gaining force is video marketing.
Additionally, content marketers love videos since they improve SEO. They also appeal greatly to mobile users and those looking for educational videos, and the list goes on.
General Video Marketing Statistics You Need to Know
Overall, if you’re not using video in your real estate marketing, you’ll be left behind. That said, here are some interesting and surprising video marketing statistics:
- The pandemic boosted online media consumption by 215% in the US
- Video marketing started in earnest in 2005 with the launch of YouTube. Google then bought YouTube in October 2006, and by 2009 there were seven different ad formats on the platform
- Additionally, YouTube (88%) is the most popular platform among marketers for sharing videos, followed by Facebook (76%), LinkedIn (66%), and Instagram (65%)
- In fact, 90% of people discover new brands or products via YouTube
- In 2022, the average person watched 19 hours of videos online per week, compared to just 10.5 in 2018 according to a Wyzowl study
- Video ads are 2X more likely to create an emotional response and 31% of marketers add videos to improve SEO. Websites see a search engine boost when they add video because it increases engagement and time on the page
- Including video in your emails can increase CTR by 300%
- While 91.9% of users are content to watch any type of video at all, 31.3% want how-to videos and another 29.8% want educational videos
- Social media videos generate 1200% more shares compared with images and text combined
- OptinMonster, a lead generation toolkit for marketers, found in 2019 that using video tends to produce 66% more qualified leads on average
- According to Wyzowl, 79% of people have watched a testimonial video and 37% believe they’re more authentic than a business’ own pitch
- Lastly, the most popular video types made by marketers in 2021 included explainer videos (72%), presentation videos (49%), testimonial videos (48%), and sales videos and (42% each) video ads
Now that we know some general video marketing statistics, let’s take a look at video marketing related to real estate next.
Surprising & Interesting Real Estate Video Statistics
Are you struggling to get ahead in the competitive world of real estate? You’re not alone!
Fortunately, video marketing could be your secret weapon. Investing in real estate videos is an effective way to show potential buyers why they should choose you as their agent or buy your listings.
Here are some surprising and interesting statistics to back up why real estate videos are so effective in making home sales:
- Surprising real estate video statistics include the fact that only 9% of agents create listing videos
- And that’s even more surprising because 73% of homeowners say they are more likely to list with a real estate agent who uses video and 403% more inquiries are driven from listings with video
- But only 10% of recent home sellers reported that their agents effectively used video to market their property
- Furthermore, 54% watch videos to obtain general real estate information
- According to Statista, there are more than 650 million unique video viewers watching videos of real estate properties across multiple platforms such as Google Sites (which includes YouTube), Yahoo, Microsoft Sites, Amazon Sites, Universal Music Group, and more
- And 51% of homebuyers use YouTube as their number one destination for a search
- Related to SEO, real estate videos drive 157% more traffic to your website
- 58% of buyers want and expect to see a video of a home they’re looking at online
- About 80% of active listing agents use drone photography and videography to market their listings and listings that use drone photography sell, on average, 68% faster than those without
- In addition, more than 20% of commercial drone shoots are now done for or related to a real estate goal
- 78% of real estate professionals surveyed by The Close say that video is important to stand out on social media
- According to PicoVico, people who are looking to purchase a property and watch the video of the property are 174% more likely to purchase than those who don’t
- The same study discovered that 70% of shoppers want to watch videos to get a better glimpse of the inside of the home
- Plus, 86% of home shoppers use video to learn more about a specific community
As you can see, there’s no denying that real estate videos can boost conversion rates, spread the word about you as an agent or photographer, build trust, and educate potential buyers.
If you haven’t already, you should definitely consider implementing video as a marketing tool this year. With that said, let’s take a look at what types of real estate videos there are.
Different Types of Real Estate Marketing Videos
Real estate marketing videos – whether it’s real estate video tours, client testimonial videos, or educational videos on platforms like YouTube – are increasingly becoming ‘must-haves’ rather than optional luxuries when marketing properties.
Okay, I have to start using video marketing, I get it! But what are my options?
To give you a better idea, here are different types of real estate videos:
- Drone videos
- 360 virtual tours
- Real estate walk-through videos
- Client testimonials
- How to’s and other educational video content
- Real estate agent videos
- Social media video content
Video Usage Purpose for Homebuyers Statistics
What type of real estate video should you go for? Maybe the graphic below can help! It shows video usage purposes for homebuyers based on research by NAR and Google.
Here’s the breakdown of the survey:
- 86% use video to find out more about a specific community
- 70% use video to tour the inside of a home
- 54% watch videos to obtain general information
- 44% use it to compare features across multiple companies
- 38% look at videos to understand specific features
- 30% watch customer testimonials
- 25% check videos to decide which company to purchase from
- And 24% watch instructional videos
Now that you know a whole bunch of surprising and interesting real estate video statistics, you probably realize the value of video marketing.
Luckily, PhotoUp makes it super easy and affordable to create real estate videos!
Create Your Real Estate Video With PhotoUp!
PhotoUp’s expert video editing includes:
- Clip review, trimming, and arrangement
- Your business logo, an intro, and outro
- Custom titling
- And, commercially licensed music for a more enjoyable, finished video
You’ll get a high-quality, professional-looking video in 2 simple steps:
1. Upload: Upload all your raw footage, logos, and/or custom audio files to Dropbox, Google Drive, or another delivery link and include that link in your order form.
2. Delivery: We usually deliver your edited video within 24-36 hours, if uploaded on weekdays and before 9:00 PM on a Friday, local time.
PhotoUp Video Editing Service
For more information, check out our video editing service demo:
As simple as that!
If you’re instead interested in creating a virtual tour, you can visit our blog post on how to create a free apartment 3D virtual tour.
PhotoUp – Your Real Estate Marketing Partner
On top of that, PhotoUp is your real estate marketing partner offering a full range of services, including:
- Real estate photo editing
- Virtual staging
- Single property websites
- Property flyers
- Floor plans
- Real estate photographer websites
- Custom house portraits
- Virtual assistants
- And more.
We have everything you need to market your real estate business under one roof!
So sign up for a free PhotoUp account today, and let our affordable experts help you create fantastic real estate marketing videos that will attract more buyers and help you to build your brand.
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading this blog post about the most surprising and interesting real estate video statistics of 2023. Before you go, please feel free to explore these other resources, too: