Table of Contents
- What Is Curb Appeal?
- Ways to Increase Curb Appeal
- Landscaping Can Help Sell a Home Faster for More Money
- Don’t Have Time or Capital to Improve Landscaping?
- Try PhotoUp’s Virtual Landscaping Service
Are you wondering how much the landscaping of your home affects the sales price and how virtual landscaping can help you get a higher offer?
According to Judith Guido, director of Marketing for LandCareUSA, landscaping can add 14% to the resale value of a home and sell it 6 weeks faster.
You’ve probably heard the phrase “first impressions matter,” and that’s true — especially when selling a home.
In this post, we’ll discuss how to boost the sales price of your home with the help of virtual landscaping and save money on costly yard beautification. We’ll also cover what curb appeal is, how to improve it, and why landscaping is one of the best ways to increase curb appeal.
What Is Curb Appeal?
The curb appeal of a home refers to the value of its exterior. It’s the level of attractiveness people feel for a property when viewing it from the street.
In other words, it’s the aesthetic look of a home’s exterior features that gives homebuyers their first impression of a property before they even step inside.
Curb appeal can convince buyers to want to see the inside of a property and is designed to sell a home from the outside and in. The better your home’s exterior looks, the more inclined buyers will be to come and take a closer look and see even the inside.
Besides giving homebuyers a first impression, curb appeal is also important because of the following:
- The attractiveness of the outside makes buyers more inclined to look inside
- It sets expectations and creates value in a home
- Best yet, great curb appeal can help sell a home faster and for more money, because of the positive effect, it has on buyers
Ways to Increase Curb Appeal
There are some simple ways to increase the curb appeal of a home, including:
- Mowing the lawn: It’s an easy thing to do! Also, make enhancements to the overall landscaping, such as fixing flower beds, trimming trees, bushes, and so forth.
- Adding a new coat of paint: Make sure the exterior paint of your home is in good condition. Repaint if necessary.
- Cleaning the roof of the house: If it is getting too old, a roof replacement can go a long way. Buyers don’t want to have to spend money on a new roof shortly after moving in.
- Updating and cleaning the driveway: Make sure the driveway is in good condition, without cracks and weeds.
- Cleaning the house exterior: Power wash the exterior and make sure the whole house looks clean.
- Removing mold: Address any signs of mold or mildew as that’s a big turnoff for potential buyers.
- Beautifying the front door: Paint or replace the front door, windows, and gutters.
- Checking all light fixtures: Fix or replace all light fixtures. You can also add beautiful lighting in trees and similar to make the yard look even more inviting.
- Updating additional exterior features: Check the exterior features like the porch, pool, or fire pit to make sure they look neat and clean.
Now that you know ways to boost curb appeal, let’s take a closer look at landscaping’s role in helping you sell a home faster and for more money.
Landscaping Can Help Sell a Home Faster for More Money
According to a study done by Michigan State University, a home with landscaping and effort put into curb appeal can increase perceived home value by 5 to 11%.
“Well manicured landscaping is inviting to potential home buyers and can help increase foot traffic, produce more offers, and even raise the final sale price for home sellers.”Devon Higgins, Head of Sales & Marketing at PhotoUp, Realtor at Hello Homes GR
Landscaping is one of the best ways to increase the curb appeal of your home and it works wonders to get the attention of potential homebuyers and people passing by on the street.
Pulling up to a home with a lush green lawn, beautifully trimmed hedges, an inviting pool, and cute exterior decorations will make you think how nice the home must be inside and make you want to see more.
On the other hand, if the home has dead, brown grass and weeds in the planter boxes, you’re probably not going to be as impressed.
That’s why it’s crucial to invest in your lawn and garden to boost the overall curb appeal of your home.
Don’t Have Time or Capital to Improve Landscaping?
We all know that painting a home, adding or removing shutters, buying new patio furniture, and making other improvements to the landscaping can take weeks and cost a small fortune.
If you don’t have the time or money to improve the landscaping and boost curb appeal before selling your home, we have a quick and affordable solution for you.
Instead of doing the physical landscaping work, you can use 3D design technology to virtually improve the landscaping of your real estate images.
Let’s repeat why this is important…
Having great listing photos is crucial to capture the attention of homebuyers. After all, 97% of buyers start their home search online and expect to see high-quality photography.
With the help of virtual landscaping, also called virtual staging you can create stunning real estate photos, and:
- Create a lush green lawn and patch up dry brown spots
- Remove weeds and replace mulch
- Add new flowers in the flowerbeds
- Replace the brick or concrete
- Freshen up the driveway
- Replace doors and exterior paint
- Repair or paint the roof
- Add a beautiful pool/patio area to your yard
- And the list goes on!
As you can see, it really makes a difference to the overall feel of the home and adds a sense of luxury. Potential buyers can imagine themselves taking a cooling dip in the pool or sipping on a glass of wine on the patio furniture!
Try PhotoUp’s Virtual Landscaping Service
If you’re looking to beautify your backyard or patio area, PhotoUp’s virtual landscaping service is a great way to bring your vision to life.
PhotoUp can make your outdated, messy, or faulty exterior look fabulous in only 24 to 48 hours, starting at the low cost of $20 to $30 per image.
Apart from doing virtual landscaping, you can also use our virtual staging service to:
- Add photo-realistic furniture and decor to empty or outdated rooms
- Declutter, depersonalize, and redecorate spaces
- Update flooring, ceiling, and walls
- Add a fresh coat of paint or new wallpaper to a room
- Perform virtual renovations
- And much more!
To give you a better idea, here’s a before & after example of our regular virtual staging service:
It makes any vacant space look like a warm and inviting home!
But that’s not all…
PhotoUp is a complete non-stop-shop and also offers additional real estate marketing services such as:
- Real estate photo editing
- Floor plans
- Video editing
- Single property websites
- Custom websites
- House portraits
- Virtual Assistants
- And much more!
We have everything you need to market your real estate listings under one roof!
Plus, PhotoUp’s easy-to-use software allows you to upload your images, choose furniture sets, add instructions, and then access your high-resolution images with just a few clicks.
PhotoUp Virtual Staging Demo
To see how quick and easy it is to get started, check out our virtual staging demo:
And that’s it!
If you want to improve your landscaping or real estate images in general, you should consider virtual staging as an essential part of your marketing.
It can help you create images that’ll appeal to all types of buyers and boost the overall sales price of your listing!
Sign up for a free PhotoUp account today, and learn how our virtual staging can give your curb appeal the “wow” factor it deserves.
We hope this blog post helped you understand how to boost the sales price and sell your home faster with the help of virtual landscaping.
Before you go, you may also want to check out these related resources: