Virtual staging is a powerful marketing tool that can help homebuyers visualize themselves living in the home. With the help of photo-realistic digital furniture and decor, you can transform any vacant, outdated, or cluttered space and make it look like an inviting home.
In this post, we’ll share how virtual staging can help sell a house faster and for more money. We’ll also cover what this popular real estate marketing tool is and whether you need to virtually stage your whole house before listing it.
Alright, let’s jump right in!
What Is Virtual Staging?
Virtual staging is the use of CAD (Computer Aided Design) technology to enhance the aesthetics of a property for sale.
It involves using digital and photo-realistic images of furniture and decor to create the look and feel of an actual living space — an inviting and warm home.
This digital form of staging can help a property appear more desirable to potential buyers by making it look more “move-in ready.” And as a result, it can also reduce the amount of time a property is on the market.
How Virtual Staging Can Help Sell Your House
Virtual staging can therefore be a valuable tool when it comes to selling a house, especially if it’s vacant. Let’s explain more…
1. Creates a Great First Impression
Using virtual staging, you can enhance the aesthetics of a home by adding digital furniture, artwork, and other items that would enhance the interior of a home.
It helps a property look more livable and can create a great impression on potential buyers. By creating a more appealing look, potential buyers will be more likely to take interest in the property.
Virtual staging can not only help a property look more appealing, but it can also help it look more livable, making it more desirable for potential buyers.
2. Sellers Love How Cost-Effective It Is
Reducing the costs of staging a home by up to 97%, virtual staging is a cost-effective way to help a property stand out on the market and attract more buyers.
Instead of paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for traditional home staging and the rent of furniture, the digital counterpart normally costs between $24 to $165 per image.
It can also help reduce the amount of time a property remains on the market, which is beneficial for both the seller and the real estate agent.
3. Virtual Staging Is Flexible
Additionally, virtual staging is super flexible. It can also be used to renovate or redecorate spaces in need of repair. And show an unfinished home’s full potential like in these examples:
Or, even increase the curb appeal of the property by adding a beautiful and inviting pool/patio area:
As you can see, there are no limitations to what this powerful technology can do!
4. Can Accelerate a Sale & Boost Sales Price
Being able to showcase a home’s full potential and help buyers establish an emotional connection to the property can help you sell it faster and for more money.
To give this statement some backbone, recent research shows that 85% of staged homes sell for 5% to 23% over the list price. So the bottom line is that beautifully staged homes sell quickly and for more money!
More specifically, buyers need to be able to imagine themselves living in the home and get a feel for the property. This emotional connection typically helps them to make a purchase decision.
Plus, they may even be willing to pay top dollar for the home.
This means that if you want to get ahead of your competition and sell your home for above market rate, you should consider virtual staging as an essential part of your real estate marketing.
Do I Have to Virtually Stage the Whole House?
No, you do not have to virtually stage the entire house. You can choose to focus on certain areas of the property that you want to feature, such as the living room or kitchen.
Some of the most popular rooms to stage before selling a home are the:
- Living room — a 2017 NAR study revealed that 86% of buyers feel a staged living room is “important” or “very important” — more so than any other room in the house.
- Master bedroom – the same study revealed that 84% of buyers thought that the master bedroom was important or very important to stage, making it the second most critical room.
- Kitchen — buyers want to see a clean kitchen area and be able to visualize themselves cooking and dining in it.
- Dining room — the dining room is another popular room to digitally stage. The goal is to have potential homebuyers envision family gatherings, dinner parties, and sharing warm home-cooked meals in this space.
- Patios and rooftops — when selling a home, staged outdoor spaces like patios and rooftops are just as important as indoor spaces. Digitally staged outdoor spaces can captivate the attention of homebuyers and give them a wow factor.
- Bathroom — lastly, while the kitchen, living room, and master bedroom often get plenty of attention, it’s important to make the bathroom look as appealing, too.
Alternatively, you can choose to only stage certain pieces of furniture or artwork throughout the house. Or just use virtual staging to declutter and depersonalize a space.
Ultimately, it really depends on your personal preference and budget when deciding which aspects of the property to stage.
Quick, Easy & Affordable Virtual Staging With PhotoUp
With over a decade in the industry, PhotoUp’s expert team of designers has made the virtual staging process quick, easy, and affordable.
PhotoUp’s professional library, including 11 design styles like Scandinavian, Hamptons, Modern, or Coastal design can help you showcase any empty or outdated space and make it look like it’s taken directly from an interior magazine.
This helps sellers and agents cater to any market, from residential to high-end luxury listings.
Our virtual staging services include:
- Virtually staging for vacant or furnished rooms
- Digital decluttering, repairs, and redecoration
- Color changes for ceilings, walls, furnishings, and flooring
- Plus, virtual landscaping in form of sky replacements and green grass enhancements, staging of patio and pool areas, balconies, and more.
How to Get Started?
Getting started with PhotoUp’s virtual staging service is as easy as 1-2-3!
All you need to do is sign up for a free PhotoUp account, and:
- Upload your images
- Choose digital furniture from our large library of design styles and furnishings
- And in less than 48 hours, PhotoUp will return your proofs for approval and download
PhotoUp Virtual Staging Demo
For more details, you can either visit our tutorial on how to virtually stage a room in 5 minutes or check out our short demo:
As simple as that!
To conclude, the low cost of using PhotoUp’s virtual staging service (starting at $20 per image) rather than paying for traditional home staging, cleaning, and making renovations will be well worth it in the end.
Sign up for a free PhotoUp account today, and let our professional virtual staging designers help sell your house!
If you enjoyed reading this post, you may also find the following related resources useful: