Table of Contents
- What Is Virtual Home Staging?
- The Benefits of Virtual Home Staging for Realtors
- Virtual Staging and the MLS
- Quick & Affordable Virtual Staging by PhotoUp
More and more Realtors are realizing the amazing benefits of virtual home staging for real estate sales.
Virtual staging is an easy, less expensive, and highly effective way to show a property’s best features and full potential.
In 2021, 97% of home buyers search for their new home online. Realtors are using virtual staging to ensure a home’s photos look their absolute best. High-quality photos are essential for getting more showings and therefore more offers.
So, in this post, we’re going to explore the benefits of quick and affordable virtual staging for Realtors.
What Is Virtual Home Staging?
Virtual staging is the digital editing of photos to add furniture, decor, and accessories in spaces that are either vacant, partially furnished, cluttered, or outdated.
Virtual staging relies on technology and photo editing software to change existing furnishings or add new furnishings to a room.
Here are some of the things virtual staging can do:
- Update and refresh a home by editing out a dated interior and showing buyers what it could look like after redecorating
- Declutter and depersonalize rooms so they appeal to everyone, helping the buyer see themselves living in the home
- Removing bold or odd colors and replacing them with more popular choices that appeal to a broader audience of buyers
In essence, virtual staging provides every room with the look and style you’d find in a magazine.
The Benefits of Virtual Home Staging for Realtors
Successful Realtors understand that a property sells faster and for a higher price when potential buyers connect with the home on an emotional level.
Whether the home is vacant or already furnished, virtual staging can make any listing more attractive and appealing to potential buyers.
There are many proven benefits of virtual home staging:
- Over 90% of buyers start their home search online, where you only have a few moments to catch a buyer’s attention — the photos matter a lot!
- Sell homes faster — homes that are staged sell 75% faster than those that are not
- Higher sales prices — 83% of staged properties sell for the asking price or above
- It’s up to 97% less expensive — you can virtually furnish an entire room for much less the cost of traditional staging
- Virtual staging is easier for the seller — no work crews or moving heavy furniture
- High-quality virtual staging gives you an edge over other Realtors and agents
For more information, you can check out our blog post on what is virtual staging in real estate (examples included).
As you can see, there are many advantages to virtual home staging.
Now, let’s look at how to use virtual staging while remaining compliant with most MLS rules.
Virtual Staging and the MLS
When using virtual staging to help sell homes, a Realtor should be clear about their local MLS rules.
To start, any virtually staged photo added to the MLS or used for any other marketing purpose should be clearly labeled as “virtually staged” or “virtual staging.”
Keep in mind, that while most multiple listing services allow agents to add property photos with marks on them, some do not.
Therefore, first, check with your local MLS to ensure doing so complies with its policies. If this is not the case, you can try:
- Disclosing that the photos used are virtually staged somewhere in your marketing copy
- Checking to see if your MLS has captioning ability beneath each photo
Also, Include the before and after photos in the listing and marketing materials. This prevents potential buyers from feeling tricked or misled when they see the home in person.
Here are some other display ideas:
- Use a sliding reveal bar to showcase before and after changes — if your MLS is capable of displaying them
- Make sure each photo is ordered properly with the proper before photo first, followed by the correct after image
- Research other professional photo editing techniques to display your before and after images
With virtual staging, there should be no surprises and everything is upfront. This isn’t a trick — this is a powerful visualization tool to best market a house to potential buyers.
To learn more about how to disclose virtual staging, you can visit our blog post on is virtual staging legal?
Quick & Affordable Virtual Staging by PhotoUp
PhotoUp makes real estate marketing easy with quick and affordable virtual staging services, as well as:
- Real estate photo editing
- Single property websites
- Home walk-through videos
- Real estate virtual assistants
- Transaction coordinators
- And more.
PhotoUp has a network of world-class virtual staging editors and designers in the Philippines. To ensure the best level of service, the customer service team is in the US.
Our virtual home staging services include:
- Virtually staging for vacant or furnished rooms
- Color changes for walls, furnishings, and flooring
- Digital decluttering and repairs and updates
- Blue sky and green grass enhancements
- And much, much more!
PhotoUp Makes Virtual Home Staging Easy for Realtors
Our virtual staging services are simple to use — just 3 easy steps:
1) Upload your photos
2) Select from our library of design styles and furnishings
3) We send you proofs for approval and download
For more details, you can watch this short video tutorial to see how easy it is to upload your images to the software:
It’s really that easy!
Virtual Home Staging Prices
Better yet, PhotoUp delivers high-quality, virtual staging with fast turn-around times for affordable prices.
- Single set – 20 credits/$20 per photo
- Double set – 30 credits/$30 per photo
A set is defined by the number of design pieces and furniture as well as how many frames a single room or space requires.
We’re quick, too. PhotoUp delivers low res proofs of the virtual staging for your approval the next day. And PhotoUp provides high-resolution images within just a few hours after approval.
So why wait? Get started today!
Sign up for a free PhotoUp account, and start using virtually staged images that’ll prompt higher offers for your listings and impress your clients.
We hope this blog post helped you learn more about quick and affordable virtual home staging for Realtors. If you liked this post, check out the following related resources as well: