Learn why so many photographers are outsourcing their real estate photo editing to professional teams of editors all over the world.
Effective marketing is a contributing factor of any real estate deal, and professional photographs are the lifeblood of high quality real estate marketing. When it comes to selling real estate, photos are the most effective tool that you have to attract quality buyers to a listing.
More and more real estate photographers are discovering the value of outsourcing real estate photo editing to teams of overseas photo editors. They have the experience, tools and knowledge to bring out the best in a photo and present any listing in its best light. Not to mention, real estate photo editors are inexpensive, english speaking, and typically work while you are asleep.
Still not convinced? Let’s go through some of the pros and cons of working with a real estate photo editing company.
5 Pros of Outsourcing Your Real Estate Photo Editing
- Time Savings. Spending another 3-4 hours editing after a full day of shooting is just not manageable, for yourself or your social life. Sending your photos to a real estate photo editing company allows you to shoot more, spend less time in front of your computer, and spend more time with friends and family or working on your business.
- Opportunity Cost. What else could you be doing besides editing real estate photos? Time spent on editing is time that you’re not shooting, getting new clients, or working on the other aspects of your business.
- Fast Turnaround Time. When using a real estate photo editing service, you can and should expect photos delivered back to you within 24 hours (or sooner!)
- Additional Services (virtual staging, virtual assistants, video editing, etc.) You’ll soon discover how much more your online editors can do for you, including virtual staging, video editing, floor plans and even providing a virtual assistant to transform your workflow.
- Scale and Grow Your Business. With a team behind you taking care of most of your editing and admin, you’ll have time and energy to get more business, bring on a second (or third) photographer, and focus on more high value activities.
Those are compelling reasons to outsource your photo editing, but for the purposes of impartiality, let’s also take a look at the downside.
3 Cons of Outsourcing Your Real Estate Photo Editing
- Loss of Control. When you outsource your editing to a retouching company, you have to trust another person (or team) and perhaps they don’t have the same vision, style, or skill set as you do for your images.
- Language Barrier. What else could you be doing besides editing real estate photos? Time spent on editing is time that you’re not shooting, getting new clients, or working on the other aspects of your business.
- Cost. Even though it’s affordable, it’s still money out of your pocket that you would save if you do it all of your editing by yourself. But at the end of the day you’ll have to ask yourself if the cost of editing yourself worth $1 per image…?
With that in mind, you can start to consider whether you should outsource your real estate photo editing, or not. It all depends on your goals and future of your business. If your business is built on your personal quality of photo editing and you don’t plan to grow, then outsourcing might not be a great fit for you.
But if you’re looking to grow your business, add associate photographers, and continue adding new clients, then leveraging a real estate photo editing team may be just what you need to succeed.
Keep in mind that you don’t have to commit to using just one service or company. The flexibility to scale services up and down as needed is part of the reason that so many photographers are turning to real estate photo editing services like PhotoUp to help them grow and thrive.
To find out the many ways that PhotoUp can help you leverage the power of a real estate photo editing service, sign up for your free account today.