Are you wondering what virtual staging in real estate is? And whether it looks photorealistic enough to replace regular home staging?
It’s no secret that real estate marketing in 2022 has moved almost completely digital. Not only is it a consequence of the changes brought by the COVID-19 pandemic, but it’s simply a reflection of how most people consume media nowadays.
For instance, 97% of home buyers used the internet to search for homes in 2021, and 85% of staged homes sold for 5% to 23% over list price when being staged. There’s no denying that staging is an essential part of selling a home for top dollar.
So, in this post, we’ll discuss what virtual staging in real estate is and show you examples of different rooms that have been virtually staged. We’ll also cover the reasons for using virtual staging and show you how easy it is to get started.
Alright, let’s dive in!
What Is Virtual Staging in Real Estate?
Virtual staging in real estate is a special computer-assisted design (CAD) process wherein virtually designed furniture is added to a photo of an empty room or space, much like traditional home staging.
Enhancing listing photos with virtual staging ensures that buyers take notice. It transforms a space into an inviting home that potential home buyers can imagine themselves living in.
This relatively new technology of digitally staging empty spaces has exploded in recent years. Especially in times of the pandemic when people prefer to safely view listings from the comfort of their homes, plus the current high cost of physical staging because of Covid restraints.
As mentioned, regular home staging is becoming more and more expensive. But the good news is that virtual staging can reduce the cost of staging by up to 97%.
Virtual Staging Examples
To better illustrate how good and photorealistic virtually staged images look, we’ll show you virtual staging examples of 6 different room types next.
1. Kitchen Before & After
2. Living Room Before & After
3. Bedroom Before & After
4. Balcony Before & After
5. Home Office Before & After
6. Pool/Patio Area Before & After
As you can see, it looks completely realistic and super inviting!
How Does the Virtual Staging Process Work?
If you chose to use PhotoUp’s professional real estate photo editors to virtually stage your images, all you need to do is upload photos of your empty or outdated spaces.
Then, you choose what type of room you want to virtually stage and your desired furniture from the furniture library.
For instance, you can either choose between 10 different design styles, such as:
- Mid-Century Modern
To see how easy it is to get started, check out our virtual staging uploader video tutorial:
As simple as that!
Your virtually staged images will be delivered to you within 24-48 hours for the low cost of $25 per image.
Reasons for Using Virtual Staging
With new faster, better, and more realistic tools and techniques, virtual staging continues to become more and more popular in real estate marketing.
With virtual staging, you can:
- Give warmth and soul to empty spaces: 71% of buyers are looking for a move-in-ready home and virtual staging can help give that impression. It can make any space look inviting and homey by using modern and fresh digital furniture and decor.
- Save money on costly professional home staging: The average cost for a home staging consultation is $300 to $600. According to real estate professional Crystal Leigh Hemphill, “staging a 2,000-square-foot home costs around $2,000 to $2,400 a month,” if using regular home staging.
- Sell a property without having a physical showing: Today, prospective buyers spend a lot more time doing their research online, rather than visiting properties in person. Virtually staged real estate photos can show potential buyers the potential of the property and help them imagine themselves living in the home.
- Cater to any market or niche: Agents can dress a room exactly the way they want it and cater to any market or niche of people.
- Save time and effort: Photographers and agents can save a lot of time and effort using virtual staging. Instead of the hassle of having physical furniture and decor delivered to the property, they can just photograph the space and wait for the virtually staged images to be delivered.
- Boost marketing: Virtual staging is an excellent marketing tool. It provides your listings with eye-catching images that will help buyers envision themselves living in the home.
As you can see, virtual staging in real estate is a trend that’s not going away anytime soon.
Quite the opposite!
Not only will virtual staging make your life easier, but it’ll also help you save money on costly home staging and repairs.
So, why don’t you give it a try?
To get started, sign up for a free PhotoUp account, and we’ll transform your real estate photography and return your staged images in less than 48 hours.
We hope this blog post answered the question of what virtual staging in real estate is and showed you valuable examples of how virtually staged rooms can look.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also want to check out the following resources: