Table of Contents
- Using a Virtual Apartment Tour to Sell Listings Faster – 5 Steps
- Why Are Virtual Apartment Tours So Effective?
- Create a Virtual Apartment Tour in as Little as 5 Minutes
- Use PhotoUp for All Your Real Estate Marketing Needs
Virtual apartment tours use cutting-edge visual editing technology to provide a highly realistic online walk-through experience of any listing.
For example, listings with virtual tours sold 31% quicker than those not featuring a tour.
The 2023 spring real estate market is shaping up to be competitive. Quicker sales typically receive higher-priced offers.
Therefore, in this post, we’ll show you how to use a virtual apartment tour to sell your listings faster.
Using a Virtual Apartment Tour to Sell Listings Faster – 5 Steps
Let’s get right to the heart of the matter. Here are 5 steps to help you use a virtual apartment tour to sell your listings faster:
1. Highlight the Listing’s Best Features
Every property has its unique set of selling points, whether a spacious living room, a fantastic kitchen with the latest appliances, or a tranquil bedroom with its own bath and sitting area.
Therefore, make sure you highlight the listing’s amenities, keeping in mind the following popular and appealing features:
- Decorative windows
- Cabinet and door hardware
- Interesting lighting fixtures
- Whirlpool tubs and tiled showers
- And don’t forget about walk-in closets
Include any feature in any room that will make the listing stand out and get noticed.
2. Keep the Virtual Apartment Tour Engaging
A virtual house tour should give potential buyers a sense of what it’s like to be in the property, and to keep them interested, the tour should be engaging.
Most virtual tours use hotspots – a clickable feature that offers additional information and views.
Aim for a mix of hot spots and views to keep viewers interested. For example, you may want to include some of the following hotspots:
- Offer plenty of information on the quality and brand of kitchen appliances
- Feature comments on any recent updates or remodeling projects
- Mention if the windows are a particular brand or energy efficient
- Include information on the HVAC system and equipment
Buyers will appreciate the detailed information and will be more likely to schedule an in-person showing.
3. Include Hidden Areas
Don’t overlook unusual and hidden areas often not included in a virtual apartment tour. For example, buyers will likely want to see some of the following:
- The inside of the cabinets
- The size of the closets and how they’re organized
- A kitchen pantry – if there is one
- Unique garden or landscaping features
- And don’t neglect alcoves and small, cozy set-in areas that add interest
One piece of advice – if you’re going to include the above as part of the virtual apartment tour, make sure the interior of the cabinets and closets are clean and orderly.
4. Promote Your Virtual Tour
Even the best virtual apartment tour can’t help sell a listing if no one sees it.
Therefore, make the virtual tour available on the listing page and MLS. But don’t stop there. Promote the virtual tour in the following ways:
- Feature it on social media, including Facebook and Instagram
- Make it part of an email marketing campaign for the property
- Don’t forget print materials – feature the URL and have a QR code for easy scanning
For your virtual tour to help the sale, make sure it’s available to as many potential buyers as possible.
5. Use a Professional Virtual Tour Editing Service
While taking photos with a 360-degree camera is relatively easy, editing those images into a high-quality virtual apartment tour can be challenging.
You’ll likely want to leave this task to a professional tour editing service. Why? For the following reasons:
- A professional virtual tour editing service will be able to stitch the 360-degree photos seamlessly for the best results
- They can edit and create the tour much faster than you can
- Most professional services are surprisingly affordable
Why Are Virtual Apartment Tours So Effective?
Now that you know how to use a virtual apartment tour to sell your listings faster, let’s examine why this real estate marketing tool is so effective in sales.
The answer is that virtual apartment tours reach a larger buyer audience and increase access to any listing.
Greater market exposure usually means faster sales at better prices.
For example, virtual apartment tours increase access to the property in the following ways:
- Virtual tours provide the flexibility to see the house without the concerns of work schedules, family commitments, or other showings
- The weather doesn’t interfere with a real estate virtual tour
- With a virtual tour, buyers can go at a leisurely pace, over and over again, taking their time looking over every last detail
Not only do virtual apartment tours increase access, but they also allow you to reach a larger buyer audience. For example, consider the following advantages:
- Buyers at a distance now have access to listings they usually wouldn’t have
- Virtual tours make it easy for buyers with limited mobility or health issues to see any property
- A virtual home tour allows potential home buyers to see a listing when it works best for them and their schedule, meaning you’ll reach even the busiest of buyers
Now that you understand how to use a virtual apartment tour to sell your listings faster, you’ll want to know how to get one easily.
Therefore, let’s explore an easy and affordable option – virtual tours with PhotoUp!
Create a Virtual Apartment Tour in as Little as 5 Minutes!
A PhotoUp virtual apartment tour can be created in as little as 5 minutes. Yes, it’s that easy, and here’s why:
- You don’t need a special camera – Use any 360 camera that shoots JPEGs
- PhotoUp leverages AI enhancement – AI technology will quickly and perfectly stitch your photo edges
- We make pinning simple – It’s easy to customize your tour with simple image pinning for each room and space
- You control the focus of the tour- You control what the buyer sees and can point out a home’s amenities, updates, and unique features
- Easy custom branding – PhotoUp’s virtual tours can be White Labeled – for a premium viewing experience
Even better, PhotoUp’s virtual tours are affordable, too!
- PhotoUp’s Starter plan costs $29 per month for 5 active virtual tours and 5 single property websites
- And the Pro plan costs $79.00 per month for up to 50 virtual tours and 50 single property websites at any given time with unlimited hosting
- Best of all, you can create your first virtual tour for free with our free trial
PhotoUp Virtual Tour Demo
To see just how easy it is to create your own virtual apartment tour, take a look at this short video tutorial:
PhotoUp – Your Real Estate Marketing Partner
And while virtual tours lead to faster sales at higher prices – you’ll likely still need other real estate marketing tools.
Thankfully, you can trust PhotoUp to provide marketing services that will grow your real estate business, including:
- Real estate photo editing
- Virtual staging
- Single property websites
- Custom websites
- Floor plans
- Video editing
- Property flyers
- House portraits
- And virtual assistants
So, take the first step toward faster sales at higher prices.
Sign up for a free PhotoUp account, and take your real estate marketing efforts to the next level.
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post on how to use a virtual apartment tour to sell your listing faster. And while you’re here, check out these other related resources: