Do you want to know how to easily do object removal in Photoshop?
In our hyper-digital lives, the one thing it’s impossible to avoid are cables plugged into walls. From extension cables to chargers, earphones, router cables, and much more…
We seem to spend half the day keeping our devices charged and ready to go.
That’s great for productivity, but awful when you’re trying to create beautiful, sellable images of well-designed houses and apartments.
So, in this post, we’ll show you how to do object removal in Photoshop and clean up your photos in just a few, simple steps.
Real estate photos need to sell the vision of perfection, not reality.
For instance, we love to see a flat-screen TV on the wall but don’t need to see how it’s connected.
The good news is that cords are relatively simple to remove using Adobe Photoshop.
With that said, follow along with PhotoUp’s simple tutorial video and the instructions below:
Quick Steps to Do Object Removal in Photoshop
- To begin, import your real estate photo into Photoshop.
- Then, locate the areas where there are exposed cords and wires.
- Find a selection of wall / floor behind the wires that is free of clutter. That’s what you’re going to clone.
- Next, open the Clone Stamp Tool in Photoshop by going to the Windows menu and choosing Clone Source.
- Alternatively, you can position the cursor over the area you want to clone and then Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac) to define the clone source.
- Now, go back to the cluttered problem areas and simply brush over the wire and watch it disappear like magic.
- If the wire snakes over a different background then Alt-click once again on the new background and continue brushing over.
- Once you have brushed over all the wires and digital clutter in the photo, click SAVE.
As simple as that!
To conclude, this kind of attention to detail is what lifts an average real estate photo into something very special that stirs emotions and leads to sales.
And those are the kind of images you need in your portfolio!
If you have the time, learn to do it yourself or set up a relationship with an online real estate photo specialist with just a few clicks of the mouse.
The bottom line is, start taking your real estate images seriously and watch the difference it makes to your business.
So, reach out and make contact with PhotoUp today and give us the chance to show how we can help you transform your real estate photo marketing.
Sign up today and mention this blog to receive 10 free credits for your first images.
We hope this post helped you understand how to do object removal in Photoshop. If you found this post useful, you may also want to check out the following resources: