Clutter in real estate photos is distracting and off-putting. Clean it all up in just a few, simple steps
In our hyper-digital lives, the one thing it’s impossible to avoid is cables plugged into walls. From extension cables to chargers, earphones, router cables, and much more…we seem to spend half the day keeping our devices charged and ready to go.
That’s great for productivity, but awful when you’re trying to create beautiful, sellable images of well-designed houses and apartments.
Real estate photos need to sell the vision of perfection, not reality. For example, we love to see a flat-screen TV on the wall but don’t need to see how it’s connected.
The good news is that cords are relatively simple to remove using Adobe Photoshop.
Follow along with PhotoUp’s simple tutorial video and the instructions below
Quick Steps To Remove Cords In Photoshop
- Import your real estate photo into Photoshop.
- Locate the areas where there are exposed cords and wires.
- Find a selection of wall / floor behind the wires that is free of clutter. That’s what you’re going to clone.
- Open the Clone Stamp Tool in Photoshop by going to the Windows menu and choosing Clone Source.
- Alternatively, you can position the cursor over the area you want to clone and then Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac) to define the clone source.
- Now go back to the cluttered problem areas and simply brush over the wire and watch it disappear like magic.
- If the wire snakes over a different background then Alt-click once again on the new background and continue brushing over.
- Once you have brushed over all the wires and digital clutter in the photo, click SAVE.
This kind of attention to detail is what lifts an average real estate photo into something very special that stirs emotions and leads to sales. Those are the kind of images you need in your portfolio. If you have the time, learn to do it yourself or set up a relationship with an online real estate photo specialist with just a few clicks of the mouse.
Start to take your real estate images seriously and watch the difference it makes to your business.
Reach out and make contact with PhotoUp today and give us the chance to show how we can help you transform your real estate photo marketing. Sign up today and mention this blog to receive 10 free credits for your first images.