Table of Contents
- f8 Virtual Staging vs PhotoUp
- Our Conclusion – Which Is the Best Option?
- Start Using PhotoUp’s Virtual Staging Today
Thinking about using f8’s virtual staging service to help market and sell your listings? Then read this comparison article first!
Virtual staging results in stunning, stylish real estate photos that help sell houses more quickly and for higher prices.
In this post, we will look at two virtual staging providers, f8 vs PhotoUp – and compare them to see which service is best.
f8 Virtual Staging vs PhotoUp
f8 Real Estate Media provides photography, videography, and advanced media and marketing services to the residential real estate industry.
Located in Los Altos, California, the company offers the following services:
- Virtual staging
- Photo editing
- Floor plans
- Property websites
- 3D tours
- Property video tours and video editing
- And do-it-yourself property brochures
PhotoUp, with offices in the US and the Philippines, also offers:
- Photo Editing
- Single property websites
- Real estate photographer websites
- Floor plans
- Video editing
- Property flyers
- Custom house portraits
- And virtual assistants
Now that we’ve introduced these two companies, let’s compare them in terms of the following:
- Account creation
- Design and style options
- Production & turnaround time
- And image quality
OK, so, let’s get our comparison of these two virtual staging providers underway.
1. Account Creation
Further, to order f8’s virtual staging services, you need to create an account. Their account set-up process was fairly easy.
Once your account is created, they then ask you to submit the listing information for the property that needs marketing services, in this case, virtual staging.
This step is a bit time-consuming and awkward, to be honest. Once your listing information is entered, you can then select the services you need.
Now, in comparison — to work with PhotoUp you create a free account, which was a simple and easy process, taking less than a minute, and PhotoUp doesn’t require any listing information.
In the same fashion, let’s look at an overview of both companies pricing, starting with f8:
- The real estate media firm, f8, offers various packages of bundled services starting around $175 and going up to $300 — it’s not clear if virtual staging is included in any of these
- Virtual Staging — $35 per image
- Sky replacement and twilight effects — $25 per image
- Other photo editing services — $25 per image
Looking through their website, I didn’t find anything about discounts for bulk orders. They have an app as well, but they offer a 5% discount if you place your order online.
Unlike f8, PhotoUp uses a credit system to make payments and they do offer discounts for bulk buying of credits. Their standard plans are:
- $1.15 per credit for subscription clients
- $1.50 per credit for on-demand, pay-as-you-go clients
Here are their charges for virtual staging:
- Half set – 15 credits/$15 per photo
- Single set – 25 credits/$25 per photo
- Double set – 35 credits/$35 per photo
Which set your order qualifies for is determined by the number of design pieces and furniture as well as how many frames a single room or space requires.
In contrast to PhotoUp, f8 doesn’t have a clearly stated revision policy, and the virtual staging page states that there are no revisions for edited images.
Next in our comparison, we examine both companies’ design and style options for their virtual staging services.
3. Design and Style Options
Another key point in this comparison is virtual staging design and style options.
f8 has a range of 6 design and style options, which include:
- And Beach
This screenshot shows a sample of their different virtual staging styles:
PhotoUp offers a professional design library featuring popular 10 decor style options and 12 room types. Also, there are an additional 20 design accessories to choose from.
PhotoUp’s 10 virtual staging design styles include:
- Mid-Century Modern
- And Modern
All right, we’re now more than halfway through our comparison. Next up, we examine production and turnaround times.
4. Production & Turnaround Time
Both companies aim for 24-hour turnaround times for most services, with virtual staging possibly requiring 48 hours.
f8’s website states that virtual staging orders placed by 5:00 pm Pacific time will be completed by 12 noon, Pacific time, the next day.
And PhotoUp has a similar turnaround time. They send you low-resolution proofs for your approval within 24 hours of your placing an order.
Once approved, they provide high-resolution, virtually staged images shortly thereafter, usually within just a few hours.
For the last part of our comparison — let’s take a look at the image quality of both companies.
5. Image Quality
Starting with PhotoUp, the company provides high-resolution examples of their virtual staging work — which look great.
PhotoUp Virtual Staging Examples
f8 Virtual Staging Example
Next, f8 provides one sample of their work, but that’s only one we could find.
In fact, it’s a bit surprising that they only feature one sample on the website. It makes you wonder about the quality of their virtual staging. We would like to see more, in other words…
With our comparison complete, let’s review our results to see which virtual staging service is the best option.
Our Conclusion – Which Is the Best Option?
To conclude, it appears that f8 and PhotoUp offer many of the same virtual staging features and services. Second, both services also offer similar turnaround times for their work.
Third, however, PhotoUp appears to have some definite advantages in terms of other considerations:
- PhotoUp is less expensive than f8
- It’s also easier to place an order with PhotoUp
- The lack of high-resolution samples makes it difficult to assess the quality of f8’s virtual staging, while PhotoUp’s samples are stunning
- Also, PhotoUp offers 10 design themes and 20 decor additions — f8 only has 6 themes available
Therefore, when we weigh these considerations, we think it’s clear that PhotoUp is the best option.
Start Using PhotoUp’s Virtual Staging Today
Start today and let PhotoUp’s affordable virtual staging services help make any space or room look amazing — these include:
- Staging vacant rooms with popular design-styled furnishings
- Easy decor updates and replacements
- Decluttering and depersonalizing of rooms and spaces
- Virtual updates, repairs, and remodeling
- Also, sky replacement, window masking, and lawn greening
- And much more!
As mentioned, PhotoUp also offers a broad range of real estate marketing services including:
- Property portraits
- Video tour editing
- Single property websites
- Custom websites
- And real estate virtual assistants
So, sign up for a free PhotoUp account, and start using virtually staged images to sell your listings more quickly and for better prices.
In summary, this post compared f8’s virtual staging vs PhotoUp to see which is the best service. And based on our comparison, we conclude that PhotoUp is the better choice.
We hope this post helps you decide where to go for virtual staging services. If you found this post valuable, you’ll also want to check out the following, related resources:
- Real Estate Virtual Staging Pros And Cons
- Virtual Staging for Real Estate Listings (6 Best Providers)
- Spotless Agency Virtual Staging vs PhotoUp: Which is Best?
- Is Virtual Staging Legal? Learn How to Disclose Virtual Staging
- Stucco Virtual Staging vs PhotoUp: Which Is Better?
- BoxBrownie Virtual Staging vs PhotoUp (With Results & Pricing)