Are you looking for the best virtual staging app and software for real estate to help you enhance your photography?
Nearly all sellers and their real estate agents take time preparing and staging a house before listing it — a home should look its best once it hits the market to sell for top dollar.
In this post, we’re going to highlight the best virtual staging apps and software for real estate. But first, let’s discuss why high-end real estate photography is important to market and sell a listing.
Why High-End Real Estate Photography Is Important
Most buyers conduct their home search online, therefore the quality of the real estate photography is also extremely important.
High-end photos persuade buyers to take the next step and visit the property in person. Poor quality photos will result in fewer showings, if not fewer offers.
Therefore, it should be no surprise that image editing and virtual staging are an integral part of real estate marketing.
And many real estate photographers or agents, wanting to reduce their marketing costs, use DYI virtual staging apps.
On the other hand, those who want to boost image quality and save time may prefer to use a professional virtual staging software or service.
6 DYI Virtual Staging Apps and Software
Let’s take a closer look at 6 popular virtual staging apps and software for real estate, saving the best option for last.
Price: $15 per staged photo.
VisualStager is a DIY staging website that allows an agent or owner to upload photos of vacant rooms and then easily stage them online.
Simply upload the photos to be staged and then choose from VisualStager’s library of over 4,000 interior design pieces.
Select the pieces you want, drag them into the photo, and export and download the photo when you’re happy with the results. Let’s review some of the benefits of VisualStager:
- The system is easy to use, even for someone with no photo editing experience
- Since the program is browser-based, there’s no software to download
- The program is compatible with PCs, Apple computers, and even iPads
If you’re new to virtual staging apps before, consider starting with VisualStager. It’s intuitive and easy to understand and is simple enough for everyone.
Price: $5 per month with three LiveTours included; $2.50 per additional tour.
iStaging lets you turn your smartphone into a virtual staging tool by downloading their app. The program is fairly straightforward but also slightly tricky:
- You’ll need a full 360-degree of each room you want to stage
- Preview your tour on your phone, when done, and then upload it to the app
- Then start adding furniture, logos, and other features
- When done, embed your tour on your website or send it to clients directly
iStaging software is a little more complicated than Virtual Staging’s system, but it offers more features and creative design options.
Overall, the iStaging app offers a way for real estate agents to enhance their photography beyond simply taking good photos.
4. Punch! Interior Design
Price: $50 for a one-time download.
Like most DYI virtual staging apps for real estate, this one follows the same process:
- Upload photos and the dimensions of the room you want to stage
- There’s a full library of staging furnishings to select from
- There’s no need to have any special technical knowledge to get started
- The software only works on Mac desktops
Punch! is an affordable and easy option for virtual staging.
Additionally, you won’t need to worry about paying per photo or funding a continuous subscription.
3. Cedar Architect Virtual Staging App
Price: $59 per month.
Consider Cedar Architect if you’re looking for superior images that will stand out in a crowded market.
Cedar Architects allows you to visually stage rooms and create 3D models from your computer or tablet.
Some of its features include:
- A library of highly realistic furniture and texture with its wide range of textures and pieces
- Similar to other virtual staging apps, it takes just a few clicks to add a piece
- Also, the program allows you to edit the shading and lighting on each piece for an even more realistic look
- And you can even create exterior 3D models and 360-degree room tours as well
Cedar Architect is a little pricier than the other virtual staging apps and software but is well worth exploring further.
Homestyler is a free real estate virtual staging app available for both iOS and Android.
Virtually staging a home with Homestyler is simple and works from the screen of your smartphone.
The process is very similar to that of the other apps:
- First, take photos of the rooms you need to be staged
- Next, drag and drop the items you like from the design library onto your screen
- When finished, export the final results
Unlike the other virtual staging apps and software services, Homestyler doesn’t offer professional staging services.
If you’re looking for an affordable way to get started staging your listings today, you can’t beat Homestyler’s mobile offering.
1. The Best Virtual Staging Software for Real Estate – PhotoUp
Price: $20 per virtually staged image + discounts for bulk orders.
If you’re trying to save money, the above DIY virtual staging apps are good choices to check out.
However, if you’re looking for the best staging experience possible — for just slightly more cost — consider a professional virtual staging service like PhotoUp.
PhotoUp’s experienced and skilled photo editors and stagers do the design and editing for you so you get outstanding and authentic images.
We have the technical expertise to handle any photo editing job, big or small, simple or complex.
Our comprehensive virtual staging services make any space or room look amazing — these include:
- Staging vacant rooms with your choice of hundreds of design styled furnishings
- Repairs and remodeling editing
- Decor updates and replacements
- Decluttering and depersonalizing rooms
- Sky replacement and lawn greening
- And much more!
PhotoUp’s network of editors and stagers is global, but our sales and support staff are located in Grand Rapids, Michigan – ensuring you unrivaled service.
Sign up for a free PhotoUp account today, and let us virtually stage your listings and grow your business!
So, today, in this post, you learned about the best virtual staging app and software for real estate.
With this in mind, you may also want to check out the following, related, resources: