Table of Contents
- Real Estate Virtual Tour Statistics for 2023
- How to Make These Virtual Tour Statistics Work for You
- Get the Best Real Estate Virtual Tours With PhotoUp
A virtual tour is a convenient and easy way for potential buyers or renters to walk through a property on their computer, tablet, or phone.
Virtual tour technology provides a realistic online experience of any property – it’s the next thing to being there in person!
However, there are real estate sales professionals who doubt the effectiveness of virtual tours and still need to be convinced.
So, in this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the powerful and convincing real estate virtual tour statistics in 2023.
Let’s jump right in and look at some powerful real estate virtual tour statistics, shall we?
Real Estate Virtual Tour Statistics for 2023
Real estate virtual tours give buyers a realistic online experience of almost any property. Let’s examine some of the statistics that demonstrate their effectiveness:
1. Buyers – and sellers, too – expect and want to see a virtual tour:
- More than 50% of adults have taken a virtual tour
- 67% of home buyers said they want a virtual tour when looking at a listing
- 50% of buyers preferred virtual tours over photography alone when searching for homes for sale
2. Listings marketed with virtual tours get more attention:
- Real estate listings with a virtual home tour get 87% more views
- Potential buyers spend 5-10 times longer on websites with a virtual tour than those without
3. Buyers are more likely to schedule an in-person showing after seeing a virtual tour:
- 54% of buyers won’t even consider seeing a house if it doesn’t include a virtual tour
- Homes buyers have 48% more interest in homes featuring virtual tours than those using only photos and video
- Buyers aged 18 to 34, a key demographic, are 130% more likely to book a showing if there is a virtual tour
4. Homes with virtual tours sell faster and for better prices:
- Homes sold with virtual tours sold for 9% more on average than those homes without one
- Listings with virtual tours closed 31% quicker than those not featuring a tour
- A recent nationwide survey found that nearly 50% of potential buyers would make an offer on a home based solely on a virtual tour.
5. And competent sales professionals understand that virtual tours help grow their businesses:
- 90% of prospective buyers said they would more likely buy a property if the listing included a virtual tour
- 25% of home sellers prefer to work with a real estate agent that uses virtual tours for marketing their houses
How to Make These Virtual Tour Statistics Work for You
As the statistics show, there are many benefits and conveniences to real estate virtual tours, including the following:
- Virtual tours allow agents to reach a larger pool of potential buyers
- Targeted buyers have 24-7 access to the property without pressure to view the property quickly
- Real estate virtual tours allow sales agents to create a compelling narrative about a listing and highlight the property’s selling points
- And sellers love virtual tours, too, because they reduce the disruption of in-person showings
Let’s look more closely at how you can leverage the real estate sales power of virtual tours in the following 3 ways:
1. Use Virtual Tours for an Immersive Experience
While real estate photos remain an essential aspect of online sales, images alone can’t convey a fully immersive experience as can a virtual tour.
For example, consider the following strengths of virtual tours:
- They show the layout and flow of a home or apartment
- Buyers can see any room from any angle and vantage point
- It helps buyers feel like they are actually in the home
Virtual tours allow for a rich online experience, which is hard to do with photos alone.
2. Increase Property Access With Virtual Tours
A virtual tour allows anyone, anywhere, to see a home anytime, day or night. For example, consider these advantages:
- Virtual tours provide the flexibility to see the house without the concerns of work schedules, family commitments, or other showings
- The weather doesn’t interfere with a real estate virtual tour
- With a virtual tour, buyers can go at a leisurely pace, over and over again, taking their time looking over every last detail
Statistics show that virtual real estate tours dramatically increase access to any listing.
3. Use Virtual Tours to Reach More Buyers
Reaching a broader, more extensive set of potential buyers is a significant advantage for any real estate sale. Again, virtual tour statistics confirm the following:
- Buyers at a distance now have access to listings they usually wouldn’t have
- Virtual tours make it easy for buyers with limited mobility or health issues to see any property
- A virtual home tour allows potential home buyers to see a listing when it works best for them and their schedule, meaning you’ll reach even the busiest of buyers
Remember, increased access and greater exposure to the market usually result in a quicker sale for a higher price.
Get the Best Real Estate Virtual Tours With PhotoUp
Get the best real estate virtual tours with PhotoUp!
A PhotoUp virtual house tour can be created in as little as 5 minutes. Yes, it’s that easy, and here’s why:
- You don’t need a special camera – Use any 360 camera that shoots JPEGs
- PhotoUp leverages AI enhancement – AI quickly stitches your photo edges
- We make pinning simple – Customize your tour with simple pinning for each room
- You control the tour’s focus – Highlight a home’s amenities and unique features
- Easy custom branding – PhotoUp’s virtual tours can be White Labeled
PhotoUp’s virtual tours are affordable, too!
- PhotoUp’s Starter plan costs $29 per month for 5 active virtual tours and 5 single property websites
- And the Pro plan costs $79.00 per month for up to 50 virtual tours and 50 single property websites at any given time with unlimited hosting
PhotoUp Virtual Tour Example
Virtual tours lead to faster sales at higher prices, but you’ll still need other real estate marketing tools.
Trust PhotoUp’s marketing services to grow your real estate business, including:
- Real estate photo editing
- Virtual staging
- Single property websites
- Floor plans
- Video editing
- Property flyers
- Custom house portraits
- And virtual assistants
So, do yourself and your clients a favor.
Sign up for a free PhotoUp account, and take your real estate marketing efforts to the next level.
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post, powerful real estate virtual tour statistics in 2023.
And while you’re here, check out these other related resources:
- PhotoUp Virtual Tours – the More Affordable Matterport Alternative
- How to Create a Home Walkthrough Video (Quickest Way)
- Virtual Staging for Real Estate Listings (6 Best Providers)
- Quick & Affordable Real Estate Photo Editing (Top Service of 2023)
- Will Virtual Staging Replace Traditional Home Staging?